Here are PNWS-AWWA’s governing documents, provided to help members understand the Section’s history, organization and the responsibilities of the Governing Board and committees. The Bylaws are the Section’s “constitution”. The Strategic Plan identifies the organization’s vision for the future, its goals and objectives. The Rules of Procedure identifies the Section’s structure, organization and procedures.
- 2018 Proposed Bylaws – These updated Bylaws were approved by the PNWS Board on February 9, 2018. The membership will be asked to approve them at the Section Conference Opening Session in Tacoma on Thursday, April 26 at 8am. If approved they will be forwarded to the AWWA Board of Directors for approval at ACE18 in June.
Current Rules of Procedure
- 2018 Proposed Rules of Procedure – Once the above mentioned Proposed Bylaws are approved by the Section Membership and the AWWA Board of Directors these proposed ROP’s will be approved by the PNWS Board at the Fall 2018 Trustee Meeting.
2018 Vision, Mission and Strategic Objectives
This strategic plan of the Pacific Northwest Section of the American Water Works Association (PNWS-AWWA) is intended to provide direction for the Section over the next 3-5 years. It should provide guidance to the Board, Section Committees and Subsections as they prepare their self-appraisals, action plans, and budgets for the coming years.
Section Vision Statement
- Be the Pacific Northwest’s trusted resource for water professionals
- Foster a network of professionals to provide opportunities and leadership to the water industry in the Pacific Northwest
- Member Engagement / Education and Training
- Subsection & Committee Outreach
- Training and Education Throughout the Section
- Introduce students & new professionals to PNWS
- Retain & grow membership through engagement
- Organizational Stewardship
- Effectively communicate policy & process to members
- Provide financial accountability
- Define roles & responsibilities for Committees, Subsections & the Board
- Advocacy and Philanthropy
- Support all philanthropic efforts
- Increase involvement with the Association
- Review & advocate on topics that Impacts our members
- See the PDF schedule showing the above listed objectives and their timeline of completion.