Section Conference Information
Our 2022 Section Conference Will Be In-person!
You will want to join us in Tacoma, Washington, April 27-29 for our first in-person conference since 2019!
You can expect:
- Cutting Edge Training
- Full day of in-depth pre-conference sessions on Wednesday
- Hourly technical sessions on multiple disciplines and fields of interest on Thursday and Friday
- Vendor Trades Show
- Wednesday evening during the Section Meet and Greet and Best Tasting Water Competition
- All day Thursday
- Fantastic Networking Opportunities
- Wednesday Golf Tournament
- Thursday Young Professional Scavenger Hunt and vendor/sponsor hospitality suites
- Friday Awards Luncheon – Don’t miss this great luncheon as we present awards to our Section’s most worthy volunteers.
- Subsection Advisory Council Award to subsection volunteers
- Kenneth J. Miller – Water For People volunteer
- Heart and Soul – selected by the Section Chair
- Pioneer Award – outstanding Young Professional (under the age of 35 or with less than 10 years in the industry)
- Powell Lindsay – our Section’s highest award
- Fuller – AWWA’s highest award
- Friday Section Board of Trustee Meeting
- Our AWWA conference visiting officer presents an AWWA national update
- Passing of the gavel from Section Chair John Roth to Incoming Chair Michelle Cheek
- Any national awards not presented during the Awards Luncheon
- Thank you to outgoing trustees
- Friday Closing Conference and Incoming Chair Reception
- Join fellow conference attendees from 5-6pm Friday night as we close the conference, pick up our purchased Water For People action items and toast Incoming Section Chair Michelle Cheek at this hosted event.
Welcome our AWWA Conference Visiting Officer
Angela Ballard-Landers is a Vice President and Board Member of AWWA and our conference visiting officer. A STEAM Specialist for WSSC Water, Angela creates and coordinates educational outreach programs to engage students in grades 3-12 about water, wastewater, the Chesapeake Bay, the environment and careers in the industry.
Angela also has more than 30 years experience in customer service training, ten years in emergency preparedness/incident command and is a certified ALICE active shooter trainer. In addition, she is very active in her community, serving as a Howard County chief election judge and crisis intervention telephone counselor.
Angela attended Howard University and the University of Maryland Global Campus. She and her husband, Clarence are the proud parents of three adult children, Clarence Jr., Cordney and Cheridan.