Section Conference Information
Registration for our Section’s 2023 Section Conference in Kennewick, WA May 3-5 is now closed.
You can expect:
- Cutting Edge Training
- Full day of in-depth pre-conference sessions on Wednesday
- Hourly technical sessions on multiple disciplines and fields of interest on Thursday and Friday
- Vendor Trade Show
- All day Thursday
- Fantastic Networking Opportunities
- Wednesday Golf Tournament
- Wednesday Evening Competitions, wine blending and cigar tent!
- Thursday Young Professional Scavenger Hunt and vendor/sponsor hospitality events
- Friday Morning Section Board of Trustee Meeting
- Our AWWA conference visiting officer presents an AWWA national update
- Thank you to outgoing trustees
- Friday Awards Luncheon – Don’t miss this great luncheon as we present awards to our Section’s most worthy volunteers.
- Subsection Advisory Council Award to subsection volunteers
- Kenneth J. Miller – Water For People volunteer
- Heart and Soul – selected by the Section Chair
- Pioneer Award – outstanding Young Professional (with less than 10 years in the industry)
- Powell Lindsay – our Section’s highest award
- Fuller – AWWA’s highest award
- Passing of the gavel from Section Chair Michelle Cheek to Incoming Chair Dan Sleeth
- Friday Closing Conference and Incoming Chair Reception
- Join fellow conference attendees from 5-6pm Friday night as we close the conference, pick up our purchased Water For People action items and toast New Section Chair Dan Sleeth at this hosted event.
Our AWWA Visiting officer this year is Michelle Stockness from Barr Engineering in Minneapolis, MN. Michelle is currently a Vice-President and Director-at-Large on the AWWA Board of
Directors and also a member of the Diversity and Member Inclusion Committee. At the Section level. Michelle is the current Diversity and Inclusion subcommittee chair and has served as the Young Professionals chair, chair of the Public Affairs Council and as a member of many of the Section’s committees.
She is also a member of the Water Environment Federation, WaterReuse Association, American Public Works Association and Environmental Initiative and serves as Vice-Chair of the Minnesota Water Research Fund, University of Minnesota. She is a Professional Engineer in Minnesota, Michigan, Illinois and Utah. Michelle holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Missouri.