Welcome to the Engineering Committee
The Pacific Northwest Section (PNWS) of the American Water Works Association (AWWA) plays an important role in promoting public awareness of water infrastructure and supporting the technical and facility management needs of its members throughout western Idaho, Oregon and Washington. An integral part of the PNWS-AWWA, the Engineering Committee (EC) focuses in terms of knowledge, practices, people and procedures on the advances in planning, design, and delivery of water supply, infrastructure and treatment projects. The EC aligns with the Engineering and Construction Division of the Technical and Education Council of AWWA.
In carrying out its mission, the EC concentrates on education, training, and promotion of engineering through:
- Annual conference technical sessions
- Annual conference, jointly sponsored, pre-conference work sessions
- Annual Excellence in Engineering awards
- Engineers Week activity participation
- Technical presentation and training at subsection schools and short schools
- Training sessions throughout the year
- Conducting tours of water infrastructure and construction sites
Bowen, Collins and Associates
City of Spokane
Committee Meetings Schedule – New Day
If you have an idea for engineering-related learning or industry collaboration, please reach out to one of the officers directly, or join our next meeting to discuss the idea and hear about other learning opportunities in process. As of June, we shifted our monthly meetings to the first Wednesday of each month, Noon – 1 PM over Teams. Any officer can forward you the invite.