Welcome to Water Quality Committee
Who Are We & What Do We Do
The Water Quality Committee has a broad range of members from the PNWS Section. Some are engineers and consultants; some are researchers, teachers and students involved in academia; and some are operators and utility managers. The one thing in common amongst all members is the shared interest in promoting the goal of providing the highest quality drinking water to the residents of our much loved Pacific Northwest. This happens through training events, sponsoring pre-conference seminars along with other PNWS Committees, and gathering for meetings and facility tours to share our knowledge. No matter which track is taken to address this shared goal, the Water Quality Committee is dedicated to providing high quality educational opportunities to all members of the PNWS Section.
As a part of the Pacific Northwest Section (PNWS) of the American Water Works Association (AWWA), the Water Quality Committee seeks to advance and distribute knowledge promoting technology and best practices for the purpose of supplying and distributing the highest quality water for municipal use.
The Water Quality Committee carries out its mission by providing education and training to industry professionals through:
1. PNWS-AWWA Annual Conference technical and pre-conference sessions
2. Sponsorship of the PNWS Best Tasting Water Competition
3. Technical presentations and training at subsection and community short schools
4. Water Quality Committee training sessions throughout the year
5. Facilitating tours of water project / practice sites