Section Conference Information
Registration is now open for our 2018 Conference April 25 – 27, 2018 in Tacoma, WA! To register and find out all the details about this conference check out the links at the top of the page!
Don’t miss the largest conference for water professionals in the Pacific Northwest! At the 2018 Pacific Northwest Section American Water Works Association Conference you can experience:
- Three days of cutting edge technical sessions!
- Over 100 vendors on the trade show floor!
- Numerous networking opportunities!
- Competitions pitting utility against utility where the winners go to nationals!
- Student poster contests highlighting their scholastic achievements!
- Young Professionals Scavenger Hunt!
- And much, much more!
Please Welcome Our Visiting AWWA Vice President – Stephen Blankenship
Stephen Blankenship is the Executive Director/Chief Engineer for Hamilton Township MUA in Mays Landing, N.J., where he has been employed since 2000. Stephen has been an active member of the New Jersey Section of AWWA since joining in 2000.
Stephen has served in a variety of capacities on the local level. He is the past chair of the Conference, Technical Program committee, has served on the Operator and Strategic Planning committee, and currently serves on the Infrastructure Management (past chair), Membership, and Water Utility committees. He is actively involved with the New Jersey Water Professionals Association, New Jersey Water Environment Association, and the Association of Environmental Authorities of New Jersey. In addition, Stephen serves on the Community College Science Advisory Board, the New Jersey Water Supply Advisory Council, and has previously served on Township Council and Boards.
Stephen holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Rutgers University, professional engineering licenses in three states, a professional planner license in NJ, a Certified Municipal Engineer certification and all 5 NJDEP operator licenses. Stephen and his wife Mary live in Williamstown, New Jersey and parents Derek, Douglas, and Daron.
You will have several opportunities to meet Stephen over the course of our conference. He will be attending the Section Trustee Meeting Tuesday morning, the Opening Session on Thursday morning as well as presenting the Fuller Award at the closing night banquet on Friday. You might even bump into him at any number of technical sessions as well!
Need Help Gaining Approval to attend this year’s PNWS Conference in Tacoma?
Due to reduced budgets and increased expenditure scrutiny, the PNWS recognizes it is no easy task to secure approval for a training event. Here are several tips to guide you in your request for approval to attend next years PNWS Conference in Tacoma:
- Your organization is investing in you; provide details about what you will bring back from the event.
- What sessions will you attend and what immediate impact will they have on your work?
- What vendors will you visit on the exhibit floor and how will this help your organization?
- Which experts will you have access to and what knowledge would you bring back to share with your organization?
- Share more than your experience with your colleagues; by joining AWWA you receive topical publications like Opflow and Water Matters, plus the monthly PNWS e-newsletter which informs you about training opportunities in your local area. All of which can be shared with your coworkers.
- With the huge variety of focus areas, the PNWS Section Conference is a great way to earn CEU’s and PDH’s.
Still not enough incentive to attend the conference? Well guess what….we will even PAY YOU to attend the conference.
Scholarships are available!