Section Conference Information
The 2020 Conference Is April 29 – May 1 in Spokane, Washington
Don’t miss the largest conference for water professionals in the Pacific Northwest! At the 2020 Pacific Northwest Section American Water Works Association Conference you can experience:
- Three days of cutting edge technical sessions!
- Over 100 vendors on the trade show floor!
- Numerous networking opportunities!
- Competitions pitting utility against utility where the winners go to nationals!
- Student poster contests highlighting their scholastic achievements!
- Young Professionals Scavenger Hunt!
- And much, much more!
Meet This Year’s AWWA Visiting Officer Greg Lukasik!
Greg is an Associate Principal for Great West Engineering in Billings, Montana. With over 22 years of experience in the water industry, Greg has been an active member of AWWA since 2003.
Involved in the Montana Section, Greg has served as a Junior Trustee, Senior Trustee, Vice Chair, Board Chair, Past Chair, Program Committee and is currently the Chair of the Scholarship Committee. On the Association level, he is serving on the Board of Directors as the Montana Section Director and Vice President. He serves as a member of the AWWA DARC Committee for the Community Engineering Corps and has managed two CEC projects in Montana. Greg is also a member of the Montana Officials Assocation and officiates all levels of football and basketball games.
Greg holds a BS degree in Civil Engineering from Montana State University and is a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Montana, Colorado and North Dakota. He lives in Billings, Montana with his wife (Laura) and three kids (Hannah, Jared, and Kylie).
When you see Greg make sure and give him a warm Pacific Northwest welcome!
Need Help Gaining Approval to attend this year’s PNWS Conference in Spokane?
Due to reduced budgets and increased expenditure scrutiny, the PNWS recognizes it is no easy task to secure approval for a training event. Here are several tips to guide you in your request for approval to attend this years PNWS Conference in Spokane:
- Your organization is investing in you; provide details about what you will bring back from the event.
- What sessions will you attend and what immediate impact will they have on your work?
- What vendors will you visit on the exhibit floor and how will this help your organization?
- Which experts will you have access to and what knowledge would you bring back to share with your organization?
- Share more than your experience with your colleagues; by joining AWWA you receive topical publications like Opflow and Water Matters, plus the monthly PNWS e-newsletter which informs you about training opportunities in your local area. All of which can be shared with your coworkers.
- With the huge variety of focus areas, the PNWS Section Conference is a great way to earn CEU’s and PDH’s.
Still not enough incentive to attend the conference? Well guess what….we will even PAY YOU to attend the conference.
Scholarships are available!