Northwest Washington Subsection
Groundwater Basics Workshop – Island Focused
Wednesday, October 26
Town of Friday Harbor
Old Fire Station
260 West Street
Friday Harbor, WA 98250
Attend this 0.6 CEU workshop on groundwater basics in the islands. The focus will be on the unique geology, groundwater supply, wells and treatment for potable water utilities.
Topics to be presented:
- What is groundwater and where do you find it?
- Area hydrogeology
- Drilling & well construction
- Recording the well
- Well maintenance & rehabilitation
- Water rights
- Wellhead protection plans
- Groundwater treatment
- Groundwater monitoring & regulations
- Group discussion – current challenges
Class size is limited to 40 attendees. The goal of the workshop is to increase knowledge of local groundwater conditions, treatment & use.