We’re looking for a Water Treatment Plant Operator 2 or 3 to perform skilled operator work at our water treatment plant. Our Operators serve a valuable role in our utility by performing treatment operations, maintenance, and water quality analysis for McMinnville’s drinking water supply.
What Will You Be Doing Here?
- Working on a team of three operators and one supervisor.
- Performing skilled operator work, under the direction of the WTP Supervisor.
- Monitoring filtered water turbidity, head loss and flows; backwash filters.
- Surveying intakes, reservoirs, dams, diversion systems, and the watershed regularly to check on security and proper operation of the facilities.
- Managing the watershed and source water.
- Responding to questions from the public and staff with a focus on delivering superb customer service.
- May work with our Water Distribution crew on projects.
Why is MW&L a great place to work?
- The wage scales are:
- Level II: $27.83 – $36.62/hr.
- Level III: $29.53 – $38.86/hr.
- Opportunity for cert pay above level 3
- Full benefit package, including Oregon PERS retirement.
- 4x10 work schedule, contributing to a quality work/life balance.
- Paid vacation.
- 96 hours of sick leave annually; paid Bereavement Leave.
- Paid holidays, including two floating holidays.
- Company contribution to employee-owned HRA/VEBA account.
- 133 years dedicated to providing reliable, affordable utilities for the community.
- Strong reputation as a financially sound, reliable utility.
- Beautiful location, near Carlton and McMinnville.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a water treatment plant, wastewater plant or operating utility per certification level.
- Driver’s license valid in Oregon, with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check and physical.
- Live within 30 minutes of the Water Treatment Plant.
- Level 2 or 3 Water Treatment Operator Certification, per certification level.
- An Associate’s degree or post high school education or training with course work in water treatment/distribution, environmental science, engineering or related field is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for the job electronically at www.mc-power.com/career/. A resume and cover letter are required, and you will be asked to upload them as part of the application.
Equal Opportunity Employer