The City of Hillsboro welcomes applications for Water Treatment Plant Coordinator to oversee operations and staff at the new Willamette Water System Water Treatment Plant (WWSS). The position will initially start at our Joint Water Commission (JWC) water facility in Forest Grove, Oregon, and will move to the Willamette Water System Treatment Plant in Sherwood, Oregon. We are looking for a visionary leader who will assist in hiring the facility’s operations and maintenance team and will provide a positive and engaging experience for all employees. The person in this position will play a large part in commissioning the new WWSS and hiring staff for the new operations and maintenance staff. An intentional focus on equitable and inclusive hiring is essential to building the most diverse and innovative teams. The culture of a welcome and inclusive workplace will be supported by a Coordinator who works diligently to prioritize employee growth and development.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience at a medium to large Water Treatment Plant (WTP)
- A wide range of skills and the ability to quickly shift priorities and perform duties ranging from operational, supervisory, and administrative to hands-on participation in maintenance and repair.
- Extensive working knowledge of water facilities maintenance and upkeep
- A supervision strategy that involves sharing knowledge and mentoring current team members to ensure the departments goals for safe and reliable drinking water are achieved at all times.
What you will do
- Oversee the operation, treatment, maintenance, and repair of water treatment equipment.
- Identify resource needs
- Participate in the development of water goals and objectives
- Assist with budget tracking
- Participate in the most difficult duties related to maintenance, operation, and repair
- Test and operate heavy and light equipment
- Supervise staff, including conducting performance evaluations, coordinating training, implementing hiring, discipline, and termination procedures.
Examples of Essential Work
For the classification description that describes the full scope of the work this position performs and job requirements, click on this link: Water Plant Coordinator.
Acceptable Experience and Training
Associate’s degree in chemistry, biology, water, wastewater technology or related field and 5 years of experience in all phases of water treatment plant operations and some supervisory experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
- Oregon Water Treatment Plant Operator IV Certification or the ability to obtain this level of certification within one year of hire
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
To apply visit: www.Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/jobs