July 18, 2023
Water Treatment Certified Operator
City of The Dalles
Closing Date: Open until filled, first review August 2, 2023
This is a full-time Union eligible position Serves as "Operational Decision Maker" shift operator in the Wicks Water Treatment Plant assigned to shift schedules. Performs chemical/physical laboratory analyses necessary to the operational process control of chemical coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation, and filtration processes in a Class 4 conventional water treatment plant. Performs chemical/physical analyses for water system compliance, distribution system water quality investigations, and municipal watershed source water monitoring. Assists in the evaluation of alternative water treatment chemicals, processes, procedures, or technologies.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the duties and responsibilities of the job.
Minimum requirements are:
TRAINING: High School Graduation or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years prior experience in an Oregon Class 2 or higher water treatment plant, laboratory examinations and testing, and mechanical operations and maintenance is desired.
Ideally the applicant will possess an Associate or Bachelor Degree or have significant college-level training in Water Treatment Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or an environmentally related field. Additional training in mechanical operations and maintenance for pumps and other equipment related to water treatment operations is also desired.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSES:
- A valid driver license at time of hire is required.
- Shall qualify for an:
- Oregon Level 1 Water Treatment Operator exam within twelve months of hire;
- Oregon Level 2 Water Treatment Operator exam within twenty-four months of hire; and
- Oregon Filtration Endorsement exam within 30 months of hire.
- It is expected that persons in this job class will continue to progress in the State certification process culminating in a Level 4 Water Treatment Certification in order to meet the requirements of Direct Responsible Charge on shift.
Level II Wage: $60,242.95 to $71,933.23 annually, plus generous benefit package.
Level III Wage: $62,753.07 to $74,930.45 annually, plus generous benefit package.
This position is eligible to receive a 4% Shift Differential Pay increase based on the employee’s wage.
To Apply: https://thedalles.applicantpro.com/jobs/