Northeast Sammamish Sewer & Water District
Water/Sewer Field Worker
Northeast Sammamish Sewer & Water District is now accepting applications for the position of Water/Sewer Field Worker. Primary responsibilities include the operation and maintenance of the District’s water distribution system, water treatment plant, reservoirs, sewer collection system, and lift stations. Essential duties include the maintenance of District facilities; water and sewer system repair; operation and maintenance of valves, pumps, and hydrants; sewer manhole inspection and maintenance; meter reading; water system flushing; and more.
Starting wage depends on experience, certifications, and licenses. The District offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and a health reimbursement account. State of Washington PERS retirement plan and participation in the State of Washington Dept. of Retirement deferred compensation program.
- Lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Work in inclement weather
- Work after hours and be available for on call status
- Possess oral and written communication skills
- Follow directions and work within the scope of authority
- Maintain routine records
- Basic mechanical knowledge and abilities
- Basic computer skills
- Represent the District to customers and the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Abide by district policies, rules and regulations as set out by the management and Board of Commissioners
- Ability to operate mini-excavator, backhoe, vac-truck, and dump truck is preferred
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of experience in Water and Wastewater Distribution maintenance or equivalent underground utility experience
- Equipment maintenance, welding, and fabrication experience is a plus
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
- Washington State Flagger Card or the ability to acquire within 1 year
- First Aid/CPR Card or the ability to acquire within 1 year
- Ability to pass background check
- Ability to obtain Water Distribution Specialist Certification within 1 year
Please email resume to email@example.com.
Resumes may also be mailed to:
N.E. Sammamish Sewer & Water District
3600 Sahalee Way NE
Sammamish, WA 98074