We’re looking for a Water Quality Specialist to perform a wide variety of technical and administrative duties related to water quality and engineering. The Water Quality Specialist serves a valuable role in our utility by implementing water quality-related programs to protect McMinnville’s drinking water supply.
This position administers several programs including Cross Connection Control, Water Sampling, Meter Testing, Hydrant Meter, and Hydrant Flow Test programs plus inspection work to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
This position functions independently in daily tasks, uses initiative and has sound judgment in handling customer requests. The position requires a thorough understanding of state and federal water quality regulations, and strong communication skills.
WHY IS MW&L A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
- Hourly Wage: $30.71 - $40.41
- Full benefit package, including Oregon PERS retirement.
- 4x10 work schedule, contributing to a quality work/life balance.
- Paid vacation.
- 96 hours of sick leave annually; paid bereavement leave.
- Paid holidays, including two floating holidays.
- Company contribution to employee-owned HRA/VEBA account.
- 133 years dedicated to providing reliable, affordable utilities for the community.
- Strong reputation as a financially sound, reliable utility.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through our online application system, and submit a cover letter and resume to be considered. Online application can be found at www.mc-power.com/career/.
Before applying, please read the Water Quality Specialist job description on the MW&L website in full to learn about the scope of duties and qualifications for the position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 4 years in a water, wastewater, public works, or civil engineering field in the public or private sector.
- Cross Connection Specialist and Backflow Tester Certifications from the State of Oregon are required (or employee must obtain these certifications within 1 year of hire).
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be qualifying.
- Driver’s license valid in Oregon, with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, physical, and background check.
- Water Distribution Operator I from the State of Oregon.
- Two or more years of experience in cross connection control, backflow prevention, or water quality.
- Two or more years of experience in project management or administering a program.
- Two years of computer experience including writing business letters, using excel spreadsheets, and/or working with a database.
McMinnville Water & Light is an Equal Opportunity Employer.