The Eugene Water & Electric Board is currently seeking a Water Engineering Technician - Construction Inspector to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers, and perform technical assignments requiring experience, knowledge and judgment in the inspection and documentation of water utility construction projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for specific job assignments and also perform various activities associated with water distribution system design and service requests.
This recruitment will remain open until filled, and may close at any time without prior notice in order to proceed in the selection process. The initial review will begin on May 21, 2021, and interested individuals are encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible.
A primary part of the position will be the inspection of improvements during construction including:
- Performing inspections to verify compliance with project requirements and interpreting contract documents.
- To check that contractors are in compliance with EWEB’s standards and ensuring contractors correct deficient or incorrect work.
- Maintaining accurate records of work for payment, and coordinating owner-furnished materials
- Using excellent communication skills to interact with contractors, engineers, developers, and the public to support EWEB’s core mission and values.
- To actively communicate and coordinate work with EWEB’s designers, engineers, and operations personnel. This includes participating in construction, design, and planning meetings.
It is anticipated that inspection work will take up the majority of the time spent in this position.
Ideally the successful candidate will have knowledge of or related experience in:
- Ability to comprehend engineering drawings, specifications, operating procedures and construction documents for the construction of water distribution systems.
- Construction inspection verifying compliance with contract documents and standards.
- Construction project record keeping using both paper and electronic means via portable equipment.
- OSHA safety rules.
The starting salary for this position is commensurate with knowledge, skills, education, and experience as it relates to the position. The annual hiring ranges for the positions are as follows:
Engineering Technician II: $65,978 - $79,491
Engineering Technician III: $76,336 - $91,971
For additional information or to apply please go to: Join Our Team | EWEB