Water Distribution Operator - 2 Vacancies
Salary:$55,712.00 - $73,313.00 Annually
Location: 390 W Main Street, OR
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 2021-81
The principal function of an employee in this class is to provide technical, operational and maintenance services related to water distribution operations, instrumentation, and service delivery. As assigned, incumbents conduct water distribution activities as licensed; ensure operation of water distribution systems, pumping, and storage facilities, maintain records; and investigate and resolve system deficiencies and complaints.
Exciting upcoming projects we need your help with include:
- Preparing for future water system integration with the new Willamette Water Supply.
- Planning and implementing an Unidirectional Flushing Program
- Ensuring compliance with the LCRR
- Continuing implementation of Hillsboro’s Asset Management Program
Examples of Essential Work
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
• Operates and maintains water distribution systems, pumping and storage facilities; services pumps, motors, valves, generators and other related equipment.
• Monitors and maintains finished water quality to ensure safety and compliance with standards and laws; monitors, maintains and calibrates various instruments; performs water laboratory testing and reviews results.
• Determines and regulates water flow to ensure adequate water supply; reads flow meters, adjusts pressure valves and repairs flow meters.
• Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and instruments to ensure efficient operations and accurate readings. . Performs taps on water mains, installs new services, relocates water pipes and appurtenances, identifies and repairs leaks, maintains and operates valves, hydrants and meters.
• Addresses questions, concerns and complaints from the general public; provides requested information; investigates and takes appropriate measures to resolve issues.
• Maintains records, reports, logs, and other required documentation in accordance with retention schedules.
• Manage records and information in any format, in accordance with applicable statutes, regulations and City policy, guidance and records retention schedule.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned. Acceptable Experience and Training
Depending on assignment, some positions may require:
• Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record;
The following licenses and certifications will be required to obtain within 12 months of hire:
- Commercial Driver’s License with applicable class and endorsements;
- Traffic Control Certification;
- Oregon Water Distribution Operator I or II Certification;
• Applicable Federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations and/or ordinances;
• Procedures, processes and methods of water distribution and storage operations;
• Applicable procedures, processes and methods of water treatment technology;
• Applicable systems, equipment and tools;
• Water sampling and testing protocol and methods;
• Positive and effective customer service principles;
• Safe work practices;
• Basic mathematical concepts;
• Modern office equipment.
• Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards;
• Providing lead work direction and evaluation (based on assignment);
• Prioritizing and assigning work activities and projects (based on assignment);
• Journey level repair and maintenance of specialized systems and equipment;
• Sampling water and maintaining test results;
• Providing positive and effective customer service;
• Performing quality control checks and maintain safe water standards;
• Identifying issues and recommending solutions;
• Reading and interpreting technical documents;
• Preparing and maintaining documents and records;
• Teaching and conveying technical information;
• Adhering to safe work practices;
• Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications;
• Promoting a culture of teamwork and communication by working in collaboration and treating coworkers with respect and dignity and maintaining an open mind to diverse voices and ideas. Additional Information CITY OF HILLSBORO’S CORE VALUES:
Employees at the City of Hillsboro are expected to exemplify the behaviors set forth in our Core Values as follows:
• Excellence in Public Service
• Respect for Diverse Voices and Ideas
• Responsiveness in Customer Service
• Tradition of Reliability
• Stewardship of the Public Trust
• Leadership with Ethics and Integrity
• Culture of Teamwork and Communication
• Emphasis on InnovationEmployees are also expected to promote a positive work environment and to be effective and collaborative team members, while providing responsive municipal services to the citizens of the City of Hillsboro.ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, work space restrictions, intense noises, travel and environmental conditions such as disruptive people, imminent danger or a threatening environment.
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
Human Resources Department Phone 503-681-6455
Hillsboro, Oregon, 97123