Utility Worker (WA)
Washington Water Service
The Utility Worker is responsible for field operations and maintenance work and performs relief work under various classifications. The position works under direct supervision and requires the Utility Worker to be independent, use good judgment, take initiative, and maintain an effective working relationship with others. This position is located in Gig Harbor Washington.
- Performs field operations and maintenance work
- Performs relief work under various classifications
- Performs general clean-up of grounds and facilities
- Cleans and repairs reservoirs
- Flushes and services water mains
- Cleans, locates, changes, and replaces meters and boxes and covers
- Operates system valves as required
- Notifies customers for shut-downs
- Completes necessary paperwork
- Provides general maintenance for pump stations
- Turns services off and on
- Assists in setting, replacing, or removing meters
- Assists above and below ground construction as required
- Participates in and supports the Company's Continuous Improvement program and projects
- Performs other similar duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Construction or plumbing experience equivalent to a laborer or apprentice
- Water Utility experience desired
- Valid Washington State Driver's License
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- First Aid Card (required within one year of employment)
Salary Range: $46,000 - $82,000
Deadline to apply: Friday, August 11, 2023.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4444314
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.