Utility Worker - WA
Washington Water Service
The Utility worker fulfills various aspects of service maintenance operations as needed. This includes cleaning and replacing meter boxes, inspecting repairing and performing maintenance on water mains, hydrants and fire services, and cleaning and painting station/treatment plant equipment and appurtenances.
Customer service related to delivery of residential water service including verifying water meter data, repairing and replacing residential meters, turning on and off water services, and communicating with customers in relation to these activities. This position is located in East Pierce, WA.
- Prepares and operates service truck daily including loading of needed materials and equipment, removing and disposing of debris, cleaning of equipment and truck as needed
- Communicates with office staff and supervisor including radio communications, phone communications, and completion of reports and providing daily logs of services performed
- Operates an assigned company vehicle for travel to work areas, safely navigating and parking vehicle as designated to ensure public and personal safety in all job tasks
- Attend meetings and trainings as requested by Washington Water Service and related to maintenance of certification
- Apply knowledge of structures, main and water system to evaluate and assess response strategies, confirms work task with Superintendent, when appropriate
- Changes, repairs, and cleans meters, boxes, meter box lids, valve casings, and hydrants; flushes and performs maintenance on all necessary functions of mains
- Documents work order status and details
- Excavates, digs, and exposes service/main leaks; isolates damage & repairs or replaces assets
- Collect water samples for laboratory testing and for reporting to interdepartmental and outside regulatory agencies
- Prepares necessary reporting for services completed, as required
- Responds to customer service items and urgent requests calmly and as a priority in job completion, as encountered
- May perform other duties and jobs as requested to meet business operational needs
- High school diploma or possession of a GED
- Previous experience as an Operation Maintenance Worker or a Utility Worker-Construction
- Must obtain Washington State Department of Health Water Distribution Level 2 within six months of employment
- Valid Washington driver's license
Salary Range: $22.00 - $47.59
Deadline to submit resume is Thursday, June 1, 2023
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4202683
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.