Coos Bay – North Bend Water Board is looking for the right person to fill an immediate opening for a Utility Worker position. This important position is the first step in a career-path that has potential for further advancement both within the Water Board and the water industry in general. As a Utility Worker you will obtain knowledge of how a water distribution system functions and why it is essential in serving the needs of our communities.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain an understanding how to operate and maintain the water distribution system. This includes learning about pumps, storage tanks, piping, and wells.
- Learn how to construct and install water distribution system components such as water mains, water services, valves, and fire hydrants.
- Train in the operations of powered equipment such as backhoes, cranes, tapping machines, and boring machines.
- Work as an important and valued team member.
- Interact with and serve members of your community.
The minimum requirements of the position are:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to obtain an Oregon Class A Commercial Driver License within six months of appointment (paid for by the Water Board)
- Ability to obtain Oregon Health Authority Distribution Level 1 certification within two years of appointment (paid for by the Water Board)
The Utility Worker position wage range is $21.14 - $30.94 and includes a generous benefits package. First consideration of applications: September 29, 2023 – position is open until filled.
Coos Bay-North Bend Water Board is an EOE.
Download an employment application from our website at www.cbnbh2o.com. Applications should be emailed to Karen Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information please contact Karen Parker at email@example.com.