Skyway Water and Sewer District is accepting applications for a full-time Superintendent. The District is looking for someone who is motivated, conscientious, a team player and dedicated to making a positive difference on a daily basis. This position is responsible for managing and directing all field operations, to ensure compliance with federal, state and local standards and requirements in support of the District’s mission to provide quality service and sound management of the water and sewer systems. The Superintendent reports to the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will have twelve (10) years of experience in the water/sewer industry or an equivalent combination of education and supervisory experience. The selected candidate must have a Water Distribution Manager 2, Water Treatment Plant Operator 1, and Cross-Connection Control Specialist state certification, or must obtain certifications within one (1) year of hire date.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of employment.
- Must be a United States Citizen or qualified to hold employment in the United States.
- Must be a High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Associate degree plus 10 years of progressive experience with water and wastewater systems including 3 years minimum demonstrating progressive management and supervisory responsibility. An additional 2 years of experience may be substituted for college.
- Water Distribution Manager 2 state certification or able to obtain within one year.
- Water Treatment Plant Operator 1 certification or able to obtain within one year.
- Cross Connection Control Specialist or able to obtain within 1 year of hire.
- Washington Commercial Driver’s License Class B with air brake endorsement (no Code E restriction) or able to obtain within 1 year of hire.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver's License at the time of employment.
- Potential employee’s driving abstract must be acceptable to the District’s insurance carrier.
- Demonstrated experience with operation of vehicles.
- Post secondary training in water technology, hydraulics and mathematics.
- Industrial First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Proficient in English; able to read plans, specifications, maps and blueprint.
Starting salary range for this position is $113,318 - $138,070 dependent upon experience and qualifications. For the complete position profile, full job description and to apply, visit Skyway Water & Sewer District at https://www.skywayws.org/employment.php and click on "Employment". For questions, call 206-772-7343. Skyway Water & Sewer District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Second review of applications: May 17, 2023 (open until filled).