Do you like working in a team environment; giving back to your community? Do you like solving complex puzzles? Are you looking for career growth?
Medford Water is hiring a Staff Engineer. Salary range: $83,734 to $99,227. Full time, Exempt. Open until filled. Excellent benefits. A great work environment.
The Staff Engineer supports the Engineering and other departments regarding water system projects and expansion. The Staff Engineer develops an ongoing understanding of the configuration and operation of the water system. The Staff Engineer provides engineering support for decisions related to expansion and operation of the system, and supports Capital Improvements Projects. The Staff Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager.
Supports the Engineering and other departments regarding water system projects and expansion. Provides support to the System Development Engineering Technician, Specialist or Coordinator for review of City and County land development applications and construction plans for land development projects as they relate to water facilities. Assists with revisions to Commission standards and specifications. Prepares studies and reports related to water as directed. Active Communication and Respectfulness of co-workers and the public are skills required for this position, as are incorporating Medford Water Commission Values into daily activities.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (Illustrative Only)
- Provides engineering guidance to support reviews of land development applications.
- Provides engineering guidance for reviews of construction plans for public water improvements for private development projects and internal projects for compliance with standards and specifications
- Reviews other agencies’ design plans for conflicts with water facilities and coordinates required relocations of water facilities
- Communicates with the public to answer water service and development related inquires
- Coordinates with inspection and operations staff to oversee projects through construction.
- Coordinates with IT/GIS and Finance staff on recordkeeping of water facility assets.
- May assist with preparation of plans, specifications, cost estimates, and/or bid documents, and project management for internal capital improvements and special projects
- May assist with inspection of land development or capital improvement projects for compliance to design plans and Commission standards and specifications
- Performs special assignments as needed for the Engineering Manager
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Knowledge of principles and practices of water system facility design and renovation, water hydraulics, applicable laws and regulations; Ability to read and understand construction plans; Skill in the use of engineering equipment; Skill in the use of personal computers and software, including GIS, CAD, Word, Excel, MS Teams and Outlook; Preferred additional skill in ArcGIS Pro; AutoCAD Civil3D and Innovyze InfoWater Pro; Ability to prepare professional engineered drawings; Ability to read and write technical specifications; Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, contractors and the public.
Critical Evaluation, Technical Capacity, Customer/Client Focus, Attention to Detail, Communication Proficiency, Organizational Skills, Collaboration & Teamwork, Time Management and Ethical Practice.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSING REQUIRED
Completion of 4 years of college with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of 4 years of related engineering experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position such as those listed above. Possession of a State of Oregon Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire; or possession of a certification as an Engineer In Training with ability to obtain Oregon Professional Engineering (P.E.) license within two years of hire date. Valid Oregon Driver’s License, or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire, and acceptable driving record.
Positions in this class typically require out of office reviews and inspections, vehicle driving to and from project sites, repetitive motions, reaching, standing, sitting, walking, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.