Please apply on our city website at: cityoffife.org/326/Apply-for-a-Job
Salary: $7,622.63 - $8,334.92 monthly, plus full benefits
Operating as the “Lead” for the water division, this position provides instruction and direction to subordinates while being responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the City of Fife’s public water system.
Coordinates scheduled work programs for water quality sampling, monitoring, treatment operations, production operations, equipment and facility maintenance, and performs a variety of tasks related to these programs at a highly skilled level. Responsible for operating and maintaining water production wells, water storage tanks, flow control facilities, diagnosing and handling complex operations throughout the water facilities; and obtaining data to analyze and monitor ground water, and distribution system water quality, including sampling for regulatory chemical, physical and biological parameters requiring competent planning and organizational skills.
Education, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Certification by the Washington State Department of Health as a Water Distribution Manager 3 or Higher.
- Certification by the Washington State Department of Health as a Cross Connection Control Specialist 1.
- Have a minimum of (3) years of experience in the operation of a Group A public water system. Prefer at least (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Washington State Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), with Airbrake and Tanker Endorsements required within 1 year of employment. CDL training may be funded by the City.
- Must have or be able to obtain within 6 months, a Basic First Aid/CPR card from an approved agency.
- Must have, or be able to obtain within 6 months, a Washington State Traffic Control Flaggers Card.
- Completion of City funded training in Asbestos-Cement Pipe Work Practices required within 2 years.
- Completion of City funded training in Competent Person and Cave-in Protection required within 2 years.
- Completion of City funded training in Confined Space Entry required within 2 years.