Associate Engineer: $80,769 - $103,047
Senior Associate Engineer: $82,516 - $105,231
Apply online by December 5, 2022: https://www.ci.oswego.or.us/jobs
The Position: The City of Lake Oswego announces a career growth opportunity for a Senior Associate or Associate Engineer. Under the direction of the Assistant City Engineer & City Engineer, the incumbent will provide professional engineering services to the City primarily managing capital improvement projects for the transportation system, the sanitary sewer system or similar projects and programs for the water, surface water, and wastewater systems.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administer professional services and construction contracts; ensure compliance with laws, rules, regulations and ordinances; confer with developers, contractors and representatives of other agencies regarding facility and infrastructure development.
- Prepare requests for proposals, assist in the selection of consulting engineers; coordinate and evaluate consultants’ work, negotiate scopes of work and fees, drafts consultant and vendor contracts, outlines project objectives and City requirements, administers related contracts, and reviews and approves engineering designs.
- Prepares feasibility reports and opinions of probable cost from feasibility level to budget level.
- Serves as a technical resource in assigned engineering area; develops or participates in the development of engineering specifications, details, criteria and policy and procedure statements on engineering matters; provides technical advice to field operations and maintenance personal in other departments as required.
- Authorizes changes in contract scope for engineering and construction contracts when warranted to achieve project objectives; negotiate and recommend contract change orders to City Engineer or City Manager.
- Prepares, recommends and monitors budget for assigned projects.
- Conducts or coordinates field investigations and prepares narrative reports to the Division manager; prepares engineering designs, calculations, analysis and cost estimates.
- Coordinates and participates in construction project bid processes; provide professional engineering calculations for project components and reviews engineering drawings prior to submittal for design reviews. Ensure completeness prior to the bidding process and contract approval.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and/or coordinate detailed phases of engineering work for a segment of a major project or a total project of moderate scope; develop work plans, timelines and resource allocations and monitor progress to ensure objectives are met.
- Review inspection reports and project progress, including conformance with specifications and engineering standards. Prepares or directs special field tests or laboratory examination of materials. Inspects or supervises inspection of construction projects; resolves disputes concerning plans, specifications, quality of work and changed site conditions.
- May attend and make presentations before the City Council and other public and private groups.
Education and Experience: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and eight years of engineering or construction management experience; or any combination of education, training and experience that would provide the required knowledge and ability to perform the job. The incumbent is required to be a Registered Professional Engineer in Oregon, or be able to obtain reciprocity within 6 months and hold a valid driver’s license.
Candidates with less experience are encouraged to apply and will be considered for the Associate Engineer position. If the position is filled by an Associate Engineer, the key responsibilities and qualifications will adjust to align with the Associate Engineer position.
For a complete list of essential duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, and physical and mental demands please review the complete Senior Associate or Associate Engineer job descriptions at www.ci.oswego.or.us/hr.
Application Process: You may visit our web site at www.ci.oswego.or.us to access the online application process. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed job application. Applications must be submitted by: 5:00 p.m., Monday, December 5, 2022