- Provide general oversight for SCADA system. Program, design, and install software for the water system control; monitor and make changes to the system as necessary for continued operation.
- Maintains control of data acquisition, data bases and master system configuration, add new points, modify points, add RTU channels, peripherals.
- Performs calibration, preventive and emergency maintenance, software and data base maintenance and development, testing functions on all SCADA communications and related auxiliary equipment.
- Maintains SCADA communication systems including network hardware and programmable logic controllers and field equipment, configuring new sites and changing system parameters. Adjust, calibrate, and repair electronic, equipment to ensure proper operation; moderate programming of computerized process control equipment, PLCs, RTUs, and SCADA system devices. Drive a City vehicle in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Maintains software security, database quality control and accuracy of the SCADA system.
- Participates in the implementation of advanced software applications and automatic control strategies including network modeling.
- Maintains historical database and service requests for data, develops application reports using historical data.
- Create new graphic displays with operations staff input and suggestions, modify existing displays and maintain system and graphic display standards.
- Provide training for operators and other users of the SCADA system.
- Maintains wired and wireless communication, troubleshoots wide area network problems, virtual private network connections and fiber optic connections.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible SCADA experience.
- Equivalent to a HS Diploma/GED. Associate’s Degree in instrumentation/industrial electronics or related field.
Required Licenses and/or certificates
- Appropriate, valid driver’s license.
- Appropriate General Journeyman Electrical License preferred.
Ability to Obtain:
- Confined Space Qualified Person certificate within six (6) months of hire
- Confined Space Competent Person certificate within six (6) months of hire
- Valid CPR/First Aid card within three (3) months of hire
- Proficient in supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) programming.
- Must have experience with remote I/O communication via Ethernet, Fieldbus and/or radio modems.
- Proficient with Ethernet and wireless networks.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Siemens PLC’s and Wonderware system platform software is preferred.
- Water and sewer SCADA systems
- Functionality and installation of Siemens PLC’s and hardware and Wonderware system platform software
- Programming and application experience with programs/standards such as TCP/IP and Ethernet
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment
- Use of personal computers and basic software
- Understand and perform programmable logic controllers (PLC) programming changes
- Troubleshoot integrated control systems.
- Program and troubleshoot various types of variable frequency drives (VFDs)
- Work with existing SCADA configuration and database to make adjustments
- Read, understand, develop instrumentation & electrical drawings
- Develop, install, maintain, and test controls, electronic communication systems and components, radio transmitters and receivers, SCADA and historical database systems
- Configure network switches, routers, firewalls & ISP modems.
- Support, configure, maintain and upgrade server hardware and applications.
- Operate a personal computer and appropriate software
- Work in a manner consistent with the City of Vancouver’s Operating Principles
- Work and act as a team player in all interactions with other City employees
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times
- Project and maintain a positive image with those contacted in the course of work
- Develop and maintain collaborative and respectful working relationships with team members and others
- Consistently provide quality service
- Maintain regular and dependable attendance
This position is subject to successful completion of a pre-employment reference check, a basic criminal background check, and a driving abstract.
Open until filled. Next review date: May 4, 2022
Apply here: Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)