Do you enjoy solving complex puzzles? Seeing your ideas come to life? Using critical technology skills to achieve a productive end result? Working in a team-based environment? If so, come check out Medford Water. We offer wonderful benefits, a great working environment, a chance to serve the public and job satisfaction.
SCADA Systems Administrator (IT)
Full time, Salary Exempt
$80,096 - $95,204 annual plus excellent benefits including PERS
To apply email your cover letter, resume and MWC application (found on our website) to Medford Water's Human Resources. Only completed application packets will be considered for position.
The SCADA Systems Administrator analyzes, plans, manages, coordinates, maintains, and reviews the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system to ensure the integrity and reliability of the SCADA systems within the Utility. This position is part of the IT department.
The SCADA Systems Administrator is responsible for the administration of the SCADA systems including HMI software, SCADA servers and clients, Operational Technology (OT) communications, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and other related equipment. This position will work closely with IT Staff to ensure network and communication stability. Active Communication and Respectfulness of co-workers and the public are skills required for this position, as are incorporating Medford Water Commission Values into daily activities.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (Illustrative Only)
- Overall daily maintenance and upkeep of SCADA Systems, including SCADA servers/clients, local HMI screens, communications networks, PLCs and related equipment.
- Program, design, and maintenance of existing and future HMI screens.
- Troubleshoots SCADA System hardware and software, local HMI computers, programming, communications issues and resolves in a timely manner.
- Updates programming and configuration of PLCs when new devices and processes are added or removed. Tests and confirms proper process functionality after and configuration changes are made.
- Provides ongoing development of SCADA System configuration; add/update tags, alarms, trends, page graphics, reports, etc.
- Works with staff to provide SCADA related reports and data for analysis.
- Works with IT team to ensure industry standards and best practices are maintained with cybersecurity protections.
- Works with IT team to troubleshoot and maintain SCADA OT network.
- Promptly responds to urgent OT-related events.
- Develops cybersecurity policies and procedures related to SCADA systems, provide staff cybersecurity training, enforces policy and acts as needed in response to violations.
- Maintains and updates drawings and documentation for the SCADA system and communications network.
- Reviews, documents, recommends improvements to follow best practices and ensure system reliability and security.
- Works with staff and contractors on SCADA related projects, including the installation and upgrade of new equipment at remote sites.
- Manages implementation of new OT components to ensure appropriate introduction into the network environment. Manages O&M documentation for SCADA and SCADA network components and coordinates with Operations staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Proficient knowledge of principles and practices of SCADA Systems, applications, tools, hardware, and software. Strong knowledge of HMI Software and related systems; Programmable logic controller hardware and software administration, maintenance, and installation. Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES DESIRABLE
Prior experience in a water environment/utility desired. Working knowledge of Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers. Experience with Rockwell Automation HMI software systems. Understanding of OT network communications, radio/telephone/ethernet communications systems. TCP/IP networking design including wireless, cellular, and fiber connectivity. Knowledge of SCADA systems cybersecurity hardening practices.
Critical Evaluation, Technical Capacity, Attention to Detail, Communication, Customer Service, Collaboration/Teamwork, Time Management, and Ethical Practice.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSING REQUIRED
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related field, and (5) five years of progressive experience in SCADA systems OR any satisfactory combination of experience and training providing the desirable knowledge, skills, and abilities. Valid Oregon Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
Positions in this class typically require stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to workspace restrictions and travel.