Vera Water and Power
Since 1908, Vera Water and Power has been serving water and power to the people of Spokane Valley, Washington. As a customer-owned utility, Vera’s goals are entirely oriented toward providing great service at a reasonable cost. Come join us as we continue to grow and maintain our reputation as one of the top public utilities in the region.
Primary job functions:
While applying technical and engineering knowledge and skills, the primary functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, design, budget, and implement critical infrastructure projects including water distribution, water storage, wells, and pumping.
- Assist with the maps, GIS, and other drawings.
- New residential development/commercial projects water plan review, edit, and approval.
- Play key roles in all phases of project planning, design, budget preparation, monitoring, reporting, and construction management.
- Comply with the rules and regulations of the Departments of Ecology and the Department of Health.
- Proficient with preparing reports and/or conducting presentations for monthly Board of Directors meetings.
- Analyze engineering data, interpret plans and specifications, and make sound decisions.
- Periodic fieldwork including oversight construction observation and administration, monitoring equipment installation, and project reconnaissance.
- Partner with electrical engineers, project managers, and staff for reporting, design, and construction phase services to enhance public water projects.
- Collaborate with government agencies for permits, crossing agreements, easements, encroachments, and other necessary requirements.
- Facilitate public meetings, public forums, and open houses to discuss project details and answer questions from the public.
- Coordinate and update Water System Plan, Water Quality Monitoring Schedule, Sanitary Surveys and required Washington State DOH/ODW reporting.
- Organize and conduct meetings with consulting partners, contractors, clients, and agencies.
- Familiar with SCADA.
Qualifications / Requirements:
The qualifications/requirements listed below represent the needs of the District. The District realizes that it may not find a candidate that meets all of these responsibilities initially and is willing to invest in the training necessary to meet these requirements.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or related to water resources.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in Washington or transferable to Washington
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the water field.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Water modeling software experience.
- Lifting 75 lbs. and occasionally carrying articles of 25 lbs. such as small tools, equipment, computer components, and paper.
- Seeing, Hearing, Speaking.
- Climbing, Balancing, Reaching, Handling, Keying
- MS Office proficient.
The annual salary range for this position is $75,000 - $95,000, dependent on experience. In addition to your great salary, we also offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision for the whole family, 457k, and PTO. The position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your resume and cover letter at: