Olympic Water & Sewer, Inc.
As the Operations Supervisor you will lead, manage, coordinate, and supervise the clean water distribution/wastewater collection and treatment for the Port Ludlow community. You are responsible for ensuring operations are compliant with regulations while minimizing the impact to the environment. You maintain communications with staff, management, and customers in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner. All tasks and interactions are done in a way that upholds the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Associates Degree of applied science or any combination of experience, education and training that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required.
- 5-6 years of water or wastewater experience required
- 1-2 years direct supervision experience required
- State certification for Water Treatment Plant Operator I required
- State certification for Water Distribution Manager II and/or Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator II required
- Ability to obtain State certification for Water Distribution Manager II and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator II within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a class B CDL in accordance with state licensing requirements within 12 months of hire.
- Cross Connection Specialist (CCS) or ability to maintain one within 12 months
- Technical proficiency in the operation and maintenance of water systems including water source, storage, treatment, transmission, and distribution
- Technical proficiency in the operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment, collection, and pumping systems.
- Working knowledge of governmental rules and regulations as they pertain to public water systems and wastewater systems.
- Demonstrated ability for problem solving, customer service, and implementing and adhering to safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, and ability to climb water tanks and work in confined spaces.
- Supervision of the operation and maintenance of all components of the water and sewer systems for both regulatory compliance and physical upkeep. Operation and maintenance of the water system includes well pumping facilities, reservoirs, transmission and distribution, and associated hardware. Operation and maintenance of the wastewater system includes treatment, collection, and associated hardware.
- Supervision of the laboratory analysis of water and wastewater samples for both process control and regulatory compliance. Ensure adherence to established quality assurance and quality control methodology.
- Supervise staff to include hiring, terminating, training and performance management, and ensuring appropriate coverage and staffing levels.
- Administration and implementation of all routine and capital repair and replacement projects.
- Assist with the development, management and oversight of capital improvement plans.
- Responsible for ensuring the team provides prompt, professional, and efficient customer service which includes complaints, emergency situations, utility locates, meter installations, and sewer inspections.
- Responsible for the technical and administrative oversight of compliance with multiple governmental regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and coworkers, the public, and local and state agencies.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget. Administer budget and prepare quarterly forecasts. Prepare recommendations, order supplies, and maintain inventories.
- Ensure employee safety through holding safety meetings, knowledge of safety standards, and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Uphold the company’s Mission/Vision/Values
- Must reside within 30 miles of the plant in Jefferson County.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by business levels.
- Must be available for after hour emergency call outs and able to respond within 40 minutes to a call out.
- Must comply with company policies and state guidelines pertaining to drug and alcohol testing for CDL drivers.
$75,000 to $85,000 annually
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Training and Development
- Retirement 401(k) Plan plus match
- Resort discounts: free golf, discounts for accommodations, dining and marina rentals