City of Lynnwood
The City of Lynnwood is seeking a Maintenance Worker II - Utilities to join their Public Works team!
Under general supervision, participates in the installation, construction, repair and maintenance of water and wastewater utility systems.
Includes, but is not limited to such essential functions as listed below:
- Receive written and oral work assignments from supervisor and/or foreman; assist in determining necessary equipment, personnel, and material needs.
- Assist in determining or determine best way to set up job site; obtain and set up equipment, tools and materials needed to complete assignment.
- Operate heavy and/or specialized construction equipment.
- Dig and install sewer and water lines; test for water quality.
- Clean and vacuum sewer lines and remove blockages, using flusher trucks, rodder trucks, hand rods and high pressure water hoses.
- Survey, remove, enter manhole, make repairs, exit manhole and replace manhole cover.
- Repair curbs, streets, and sidewalks after completion of work; maintain access to easements
- Use video camera, pipe locators and detectors to inspect system for leaks, blockages, or construction problems; repair leaking pipes using sealing equipment;
- Operate all snowplow trucks and sanders in inclement weather.
- Direct the work of Maintenance Worker Is, seasonal workers, Community Service Workers and other volunteers as assigned.
- Perform other general maintenance work as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
Requires three years experience in water, sewer, or street construction or an equivalent combination of related education and experience; must possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver's License with Class A CDL certification or have the ability to obtain a Class A CDL within six months of hire in the position plus have a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier. Must possess and retain Washington State Traffic Control and work zone safety certifications or be able to obtain within six months of hire.
This position is represented by Teamsters Local 763.