Silverdale Water District is accepting applications for a Maintenance Technician. The position requires performance of general operational, maintenance, repair, and construction tasks; operate specialized equipment; and perform varied manual labor.
Salary range is $56,400 - $80,483 annual, D.O.Q., plus benefits, E.O.E.
Interested parties can download an application packet from our website at www.swd16.org; or contact our office by emailing HR@swd16.org. Closing date: Friday, October 27, 2023. Submit resume, and application to HR@swd16.org.
Maintenance Technician II
Position Title: Maintenance Technician II
Reports To: Supervisor
Performs detailed and technical operational, maintenance, repair, or construction tasks assuring the effective operations of the Water District; may operate heavy and specialized equipment; and performs varied manual labor.
Examples of Duties:
1. Coordinates schedules and oversees all activities in areas of assignment to assure that work is performed efficiently and according to appropriate guidelines, procedures and regulations.
2. Assists in the training of less experienced employees as necessary.
3. Troubleshoots malfunctioning systems and trains subordinates to properly repair and maintain water system facilities.
4. Prepares and maintains daily, monthly, and annual reports.
5. Responds to inquiries and complaints regarding services provided; assures that appropriate information is provided and problems are resolved.
6. Interprets plans and specifications; estimate labor, materials, and equipment costs for the operation, maintenance, and construction of water works projects.
7. Assists in operation and maintenance programs to ensure proper and cost-effective functioning of systems.
8. Assists in the development of operating procedures and methods for accomplishing functions supervised in a timely and cost effective manner.
9. Enforces Water District policies, regulations, safety and health standards and all other applicable administrative and operating procedures.
10. Arranges for proper maintenance of equipment and facilities and prevents waste and damage of materials, supplies, and equipment.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in the field in varying weather conditions. Employee risks physical hazard from mechanical and electrical equipment, traffic, and exposure to noise, fumes, dust and paint. Lifting in excess of fifty (50) pounds is required. Subject to callback on a 24-hour basis for emergency repairs.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and skill in operating equipment used in water works maintenance and construction.
• Knowledge of safe working procedures and practices.
• Knowledge of and ability to enforce policies, laws and regulations of the Water District.
• Knowledge of engineering practices and principles relating to water system construction.
• Ability to plan, organize, and schedule work assignments.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to coordinate critical operations during emergencies involving system failures.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Water District personnel, subordinates, other agencies and the general public.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or G.E.D., Washington State Water Works Certification as Water Distribution Manager 2 and as a Cross Connection Control Specialist, and five years of increasingly responsible experience in water works operations; or any combination of experience and education which provides the skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job. Possess a valid Washington State driver's license, first aid card, and flagging card, or ability to obtain within one year of employment.
Salary full-time employee, plus full benefit package as described in the most recent Silverdale Water District Employee Manual.