LEAD UTILITY MAINTENANCE WORKER
$5798-6337/starting monthly DOE
Applications must be received by 5 pm, June 11.
The City of Camas is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Lead Utility Maintenance Worker. The individual selected for this position will work under the supervision of the Utilities Manger. This position works M-F, 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and is eligible for a full benefits package. The position is represented by the AFSCME Local 307-CC bargaining group.
This individual will lead, oversee and participate in the more complex and difficult work of staff responsible for performing maintenance, inspection, construction and repair work on City water and sanitary sewer systems (not including the City’s wastewater treatment plant). The Lead Worker is responsible for assigning daily operations and maintenance work schedules and performs a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility. The City currently has a combined Water and Sewer Division; however, it is projected that within the next 1 to 2 years, water and sewer will each become their own Division within Public Works. The individual selected for this position will participate and play a significant role in that process and is envisioned to become the Lead of one of the newly created Divisions.
Candidates for this position shall have:
- Education equivalent to the completion of two years of college level coursework and specialized training in maintenance, construction or a related field.
- Completion of at least 8 hours of leadership and management training within the past 2 years.
- Four years of increasing responsible experience in maintenance or construction including two years of administrative and supervisory responsibility relevant to the position.
- Possession of a valid Class A commercial driver’s license.
- Possession of a certification as a Water Distribution Manager 3 within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Possession of Cross Control Specialist certification within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Possession of a Water Treatment Plant Operator 2 within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Possession of a valid Flagging card.
- Technology skills: Experience with work order systems including updating and routing work orders; ability to operate hand-held devices such as phones and tablets; aptitude to learn new software programs as required for position.
In addition to the job description requirements, the preferred candidate will possess the following attributes: positive attitude, ability to take initiative, excellent customer service skills, good verbal and written communication skills, excellent computer skills, demonstrated organizational and decision-making skills and flexibility to work non-standard hours and non-standard work weeks as needed. Preferred candidates will also have some familiarity and experience in computerized maintenance management systems.
To apply go to http://www.cityofcamas.us/jobs
All application material must be attached when the application is submitted.
If you require a paper application, please contact Leisha at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-817-7014.