IT Business Administrator
Full Time, Salary Exempt
$68,833 - $79,752 annual compensation plus excellent benefits including PERS
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and MWC application (found on our website) to firstname.lastname@example.org Position open until filled; 1st review on March 16, 2022.
The Information Technology Business Administrator is responsible for providing support with MWC’s ERP solutions, helping to identify gaps, providing solutions for our business processes, managing data between systems, creating reports while providing support for these and other systems, installing upgrades, creating test systems and providing end user support.
Position is responsible for aiding in the support of Commission’s computer system(s) and software with a primary focus on our ERP solutions including Finance, Billing, and other systems. Position will also perform complex data analysis across multiple systems, create reports and analyze data. This position will maintain, update, troubleshoot MWC’s ERP systems, identify obstacles and help to streamline, document and enhance our organizations IT business processes. Active Communication and Respectfulness of co-workers and the public are skills required for this position, as are incorporating Medford Water Commission Values into daily activities.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (Illustrative Only)
- Works with staff to translate business needs into requirements and technical solutions.
- Perform complex data analysis and develop SQL queries, stored procedures, and
- Analyzes and documents business
- Works with departments to identify key information gaps and provide
- Prepares and delivers reports and visuals using a variety of reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Power-Bi, Microsoft Office, and
- Provides technical assistance and training support to staff.
- Updates, troubleshoots and maintains business systems
- Basic Server and Active Directory
- Other related duties as
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Business requirements and needs analysis techniques
- Report preparation and analysis
- Knowledge of principles and practices of data security and integrity
- Principals of system analysis and design
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Working knowledge of rational database design, queries, and administration
- Analyze and interpret complex technical data
- Identify software and process strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement
- Organize facts and present recommendations in a clear, concise, and logical manner
orally and in writing
- Perform mathematical and statistical computations
- Create detailed business reports
- Ability to provide support, upgrade, maintain, and troubleshoot ERP systems.
- Proficiency in using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Report Builder, SQL Queries, and SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Power-BI, Crystal Reports
- Ability to support and assist users in finding solutions to business system problems
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, VMWare, and Server Systems
- Ability to assist with other Technology Projects covering a verity of different areas
Critical Evaluation, Technical Capacity, Business Acumen, Attention to Detail, Communication, Collaboration, Ethical Practice, Teamwork, and Time Management
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSING REQUIRED
Graduation from an accredited college with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field and 3+ years of experience, or five years of experience in a computer analyst related position, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training providing the desirable knowledge, skills, and abilities. Valid Oregon Drivers’ License and acceptable driving record.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, and sitting or standing for long periods of time.
Medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to workspace restrictions and potential travel.