About Highline Water District:
Our mission is to provide high-quality water and excellent customer service while effectively managing
district infrastructure for a reliable water system today and for future generations. Highline Water
District serves potable water to approximately 78,000 people living and working in Southwest King
County, covering roughly 18 square miles through approximately 18,800 water meters. The district
employs 31 dedicated professionals and is governed by a five-member Board of Commissioners who are
elected by the customers we serve. Our 2023 Operating Budget is $21 million, including $7.7 million in
annual capital improvements.
Why Work for Highline?
Highline Water District offers outstanding career opportunities with excellent benefits, amidst a
positive, supportive workplace. We value our employees as individuals, emphasize a positive team
philosophy, while supporting our staff with ongoing education, employee assistance, and a safe working
environment. Employee benefits include:
• Washington State PERS Retirement Plan
• Paid vacation (varies based on years of service), sick leave (12 days/year), and a sick buyback program
• 13 paid holidays (including a floating birthday holiday)
• Employer-paid PEBB medical, dental, and vision insurance (full family) (or equivalent VEBA
contribution if opting out of healthcare)
• Voluntary employee's benefit association (VEBA)
• 457 deferred compensation program
• Wellsprings employee assistance program
• Employer-paid state certification, renewal, and education assistance and reimbursement programs
• Employer-paid basic life and LTD disability insurance
• Visit www.highlinewater.org for an additional detailed benefits list.
About the Position:
GIS and Asset Management Administrator
Salary Range: $93,761-$121,860 DOQ
The selected candidate will have access to significant and dedicated resources to take our GIS system to
the next level, leveraging the latest technologies, and receiving comprehensive support to enhance
The incumbent in the position designs, develops, and implements the district's Geographic Information
System (GIS) and Asset Management programs. Ensuring the database(s) are functioning optimally, and
users can upload, retrieve, and analyze data across various platforms. Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement a master plan and technical roadmap for GIS, asset management, and other
enterprise-level software systems.
• Maintain and update the enterprise Geographic Information System (GIS) database; design, build, and
administer other enterprise databases.
• Integrate GIS with other business systems and intelligence tools (e.g., Lucity, Northstar, Laserfiche).
• Create GIS maps, services, and applications.
• Collaborate with staff on data validation, Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), and other software.
• Research and recommend GIS, asset management, database technologies, and industry trends for
• Train, troubleshoot, and assist staff on GIS, asset management, and other software use.
Refer to the job description for the listing of duties, responsibilities, and experience for the position.
How to Apply:
Candidates are encouraged to apply by April 7, 2023 (first review, positions open until filled). The
application form, detailed job description, and additional position and benefits information can be found
on the district's website at www.highlinewater.org. Submit the application, resume, and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org or via US mail to:
Highline Water District
Attn: Human Resources
23828 30th Ave South
Kent, WA 98032
No phone calls, please. Highline Water District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.