Silverdale Water District is accepting applications for an Engineer. The primary function of this position will be construction management, design, and review for both development and public works projects.
Salary range is $93,737 - $133,764 annual, D.O.Q., plus benefits, E.O.E.
Interested parties can download an application packet from our website at www.swd16.org; or contact our office by emailing HR@swd16.org.
Position open until filled. First round of resume reviews will be October 27, 2023.
Position Title: Engineer
Reports To: General Manager
Performs complex and advanced professional engineering work, and supervises the development, design and construction of the Water District projects. Assists in the planning, directing, and controlling the operations, installations, maintenance, and repair activities involving the Water District. Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of employees assigned to the engineering staff.
Examples of Duties:
1. Coordinates schedules and oversees all activities in areas of assignment to assure that work is performed efficiently and according to appropriate guidelines, procedures, and regulations.
2. Supervises the preparation of engineering designs, plans and specifications for water and recycled water system improvements, pump stations, reservoirs and similar items related to Water District projects.
3. Assists in the operations of the water and recycled water systems and corrects any water quality or quantity concerns. Ensures compliance with state and federal water quality rules and regulations.
4. Assists in activities that may be required as a result of emergencies created by situations such as; water main breaks, pump failures and control system failures.
5. Act as project engineer on major projects being done by private contractors, including the preparation of the necessary bidding documents, contract award recommendations, monitor progress payments, interpretation of plans and specifications, schedule compliance and field inspections.
6. Maintains and directs construction programs to ensure proper and cost-effective functioning of systems.
7. Act as a representative of the Water District, as assigned, at various county, state, and federal meetings.
8. Enforces Water District policies, regulations, safety and health standards and all other applicable administrative and operating procedures.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in the office or field in varying weather conditions. Employee risks physical hazard from mechanical and electrical equipment, traffic, and exposure to noise, fumes, dust, and paint. Subject to callback on a 24-hour basis for emergency repairs.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of water utility and recycled water systems.
• Knowledge of engineering practices and principles as they apply to water utility and recycled water systems.
• Ability to plan, organize and oversee assigned work programs, including monitoring work schedules, legal requirements, and progress reviews.
• Ability to perform calculations of a complex nature (i.e.; pump and motor sizing, equivalent residential customer, reservoir sizing).
• Ability to inspect complex Water District projects and to detect variances from the approved design specifications and construction practices.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Water District personnel, subordinates, other agencies, and the general public.
Education and Experience:
State of Washington Certification as a Professional Civil Engineer, Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering and ten years of increasingly responsible engineering experience; or any combination of experience and education which provides the skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job. Possess a valid Washington State driver's license, first aid card and flagging card, or ability to obtain within one year of employment.
Salary full-time employee, plus full benefit package as described in the most recent Silverdale Water District Employee Manual.