Evergreen Rural Water of Washington, www.erwow.org, a non-profit association, EOE, is seeking a Full-Time Drinking Water Technical Assistance Circuit Rider. Our drinking water techs provide on-site technical assistance in all areas of operations, maintenance, management, security, finances, loan application, health and environmental issues to public Group A water systems serving under 10,000 in population.
The primary goal of our drinking water circuit riders is to assist small, rural and economically challenged communities with on-site, hands-on, activity-based training, where participants take ownership in learning how to resolve their current and future problems.
This position travels throughout Washington State. This position works closely with WA Department of Health and USDA.
Salary & Benefits: Starting salary $60k-$70k depending on experience and qualifications. Medical, dental and vision insurance benefits. Ten (10) paid holidays plus three (3) floating holidays, vacation and 401k participation after one year. Accrued sick leave.
- Five years’ experience in operating and/or managing a community water system.
- Minimum Certification in Washington State of WDM II, WTPO I, CCS
- Applicant must have reliable transportation and possess a valid Washington State driver’s license (with proper insurance coverage) as this position involves travel and some overnight stays.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written with all personnel levels (operators to mayors).
- A well-rounded technical knowledge of rural and small system needs and methods of meeting those needs.
- Knowledge of the financial, managerial, and operational characteristics of effectively run utility systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations, monitoring, and reporting requirements.
Please send resume to email@example.com.