Join Our Team as a Distribution Technician at the Coos Bay-North Bend Water Board!
Are you looking for a fulfilling career opportunity along the stunning southern Oregon coast? Do you have a passion for water systems and a desire to contribute to a vital utility service? The Coos Bay-North Bend Water Board is seeking a dedicated and skilled Distribution Technician to join our team. With the breathtaking natural beauty of the Oregon coast as your backdrop, you'll play a crucial role in maintaining our potable water reservoirs, pump stations, wells, and distribution infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Routinely monitor and maintain utility potable water reservoirs, pump stations, and wells, including predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance activities.
2. Maintain operations and maintenance records on wells, reservoirs, pump stations, hydrants, water mains, vehicles, and equipment.
3. Assist in the purchasing process for construction section equipment and materials.
4. Perform water distribution system pressure and flow testing.
5. Prepare reports, plans, and recommendations for operations and maintenance activities associated with distribution infrastructure and well fields.
6. Assist with the operation and maintenance of the utility telemetry system.
7. Foster a positive, team-oriented working relationship with Water Board staff; maintain a professional appearance; and uphold a courteous attitude toward customers and the general public.
8. Follow all federal and Oregon OSHA safety rules and procedures for work areas.
9. Must possess a valid driver’s license upon hire; obtain a valid Oregon driver’s license within 30 days of hire and have an acceptable driving record.
Auxiliary Job Functions – Provides assistance to other personnel as workload and staffing levels dictate; maintains knowledge and proficiency by attending training and meetings, and reading materials; maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Experience and Education: 3 years progressively responsible experience in the maintenance and operation of water systems; graduation from senior high school or GED program supplemented by technical training in pump maintenance, hydraulics, and basic electricity; experience or education in the use of personal computers and application software. State of Oregon Water Distribution Level 3 Certification.
Note: The Oregon Health Authority Water Distribution Level 3 Certification can be obtained within a mutually agreed upon timeline. Those without the certification but have experience in automated systems like those used in water utility pump stations or those who are experienced in mechanical work are encouraged to apply.
- Skills and Abilities: Considerable knowledge of the maintenance and operation of wells, pumping stations, reservoirs, hydrants, and water mains; considerable skill in planning and scheduling repairs to maintain satisfactory operation of water systems; ability to perform manual and computerized record-keeping functions; ability to plan and recommend section purchases; ability to develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented working relationships with supervisors and co-workers; ability to maintain a professional appearance and a positive, courteous, and helpful attitude toward customers and the general public; satisfactory equivalent combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Special Requirements/Licenses: Must possess a valid driver’s license upon hire; obtain a valid Oregon driver’s license within 30 days of hire and have an acceptable driving record; State of Oregon Grade III Water Distribution Operator Certificate within a mutually agreed upon timeline.
- State of Oregon Grade III Water Distribution Operator Certificate at the time of appointment.
- Education or experience in the use of computerized maintenance management programs or systems.
- Knowledge of specific application software (Microsoft Office) used within the utility.
- Oregon Commercial driver’s license.
At Coos Bay-North Bend Water Board, we are committed to providing clean, safe, and reliable water services to our community. Join our team and be a part of the vital work that sustains this beautiful coastal region.
A preference will be given to qualified veterans who apply for this position pursuant to ORS 408.225 to 408.237. Any veteran who has special qualifications and/or transferable skills in the management and operation of a water treatment plant and distribution system should reference those skills and qualifications in their application. Coos Bay-North Bend Water Board is an EOE.
First consideration of applications will be reviewed on October 2, 2023 – position is open until filled.
For more information contact Karen Parker at 541-267-3128 Ext. 231 or email email@example.com