North City Water District is looking for a Director of Operations and Engineering to assist the District Manager by providing management, in-house expertise, and accountability for the operation of the District’s water system. As a member of a collaborative management team, the Director actively participates in the strategy, planning, and oversight of the District to ensure its position as a strong, stable, and equitable entity offering unique value to the community.
Compensation and Benefits
- $114,500 to $147,500, or DOQ
- Medical, Dental, Vision (full family)
- Washington State PERS Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Voluntary Employees Beneficiary Association (VEBA)
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 457 Deferred Compensation Program
About North City Water District
Founded in 1931, North City Water District serves approximately 25,000 people within the cities of Shoreline and Lake Forest Park, covering an area of roughly 5 square miles. Our operating budget for 2021 is $5.3 million, with a capital improvement budget of $2.2 million.
Our staff of 14 individuals encompasses civil engineers, operations personnel, and administrative staff, overseen by a District Manager who is also a professional engineer. We are governed by a three member Board of Commissioners who are elected by the voters in our specific service area.
The Ideal Candidate
Has extensive knowledge and experience in the operation of a water utility, including principles, practices, materials, procedures, system design, safety, and maintenance, as well as federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Has proven experience supervising and managing personnel with diplomacy, managing organizational change with training and education, and creating positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Enjoys close participation, collaboration, and communication amidst a small, collaborative, true team-managed environment.
- Champions and communicates the District’s unique values, both verbally and in writing, including public presentations when required.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills.
North City Water District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by August 27, 2021 (first review). Position will remain open until filled. Download the Employment Application form from the “Forms” section of our website and send application, cover letter and resume, by postal mail only to North City Water District, 1519 NE 177th Street, Shoreline, WA 98155. Questions can be emailed to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
For Complete Job Description, please visit: www.northcitywater.org