Job Title: Director of Finance
Salary: $114,500 to $152,000 or DOQ
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Job Location: 1519 NE 177th Street, Shoreline, WA 98155
Job Description: North City Water District is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of Finance. North City Water District is a special purpose water district located in Shoreline, WA in King County. The District serves approximately 25,000 people within the cities of Shoreline and Lake Forest Park, covering an area of roughly 5 square miles, with an operating budget of $5.3 million, and a capital improvement budget of $2.2 million.
The Director of Finance serves as the District’s financial steward, both internally and externally. As a member of a tight-knit management team, the Director actively participates in the strategy, planning, and oversight of the District to ensure its position as a strong, stable and equitable entity offering unique value to the community.
Overview of Essential Duties:
- Financial business analysis, planning and budgeting;
- Accounting, records management, and reporting;
- Financial systems management and internal controls;
- Risk management and records retention compliance;
- Financial oversight of capital projects;
- Regular communications and close collaboration with management to establish and implement strategies, policies and practices;
- Internal and external presentations, including participation in outside community and professional groups and committees related to the role;
- Management supervision and training of financial support staff; and
- Oversight of customer service related financial billing issues.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, MBA is preferred;
- Certified Public Finance Officer and/or CPA certifications preferred.
- Ten (10) years experience in the financial operations of a business entity or public sector industry, or any equivalent combination of experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities. Utility accounting is not government accounting; private industry experience is welcome.
- Five (5) year experience in progressively responsible management or supervisor capacity providing staff leadership, guidance, and training.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and financial software.
Benefits: The District offers a full benefits package to include paid time off (vacation, sick and holidays), full family health insurance paid 100% by the District, State of Washington PERS retirement program, Disability, Life, HRA VEBA, and a Deferred Compensation Program.
To Apply: Please visit www.northcitywater.org for a complete job description; application instructions and supplemental questions.
Please mail your complete application package to:
Theresa Harrington, Executive Assistant
North City Water District
1519 NE 177th Street
Shoreline, WA 98155
Applications must be postmarked by July 2, 2021 for consideration in first round of reviews.
Questions about the position can be directed to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
The position will remain open until filled.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
North City Water District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.