Pay Range: $44.64 – $62.96 DOE
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Summary: Under direction of the Finance Manager, this is a working position responsible for identifying and accomplishing the functions associated with the oversight of the day-to-day activities related to customer service, utility billing, collections, meter reading installation and repair. Participates in long range planning and is responsible for day-to-day direction of assigned employees by the Finance Manager, communicate and interact well with the public, and district staff, in-depth knowledge of Customer Information/Utility Billing software.
Reporting Relationships: This position reports to the Finance Manager and provides oversight to the District’s customer service team members including Customer Service Technicians, Customer Account Specialists and Meter Technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently and effectively communicate and coordinate efforts within the Finance Department, all other district departments, and the public.
- Provides day-to-day direction to team activities related to customer service, utility billing, collections; meter reading, installation and repair while consistently assessing process improvements to find efficient delivery of department services.
- Coordination and oversight of customer service processes including but not limited to utility billing, final bills, cash receipts, past due balances, account adjustments, refunds, shut-offs and hydrant meter billing to ensure the functions are prepared and handled following District policies.
- Analyze and evaluate operations and recommend solutions to resolve problems related to customer service, utility billing and meter staff.
- Ensures all escalated customer concerns and complaints are investigated and resolved and assists staff with resolution of complex customer account issues as needed.
- Acts as the District’s Records Management Coordinator to provide updates on retention issues and assists in the education of staff on retention and management of District records.
- Create/develop customer education content in the form of social media posts, website, customer portal and newsletter updates.
- Prepare and propose to Finance Manager annual work plan and budget related to customer service, billing, and meter technicians
- Provides oversight and makes recommendations related to the District’s meter reading software system.
- With input/direction from the Finance Manager, prepare and present performance evaluations and disciplinary actions for customer service, utility billing and meter technician staff.
- Ability to lead, coach, and train assigned employees. Involved in recommendations for hiring, separation, training opportunities and staffing decisions of all Customer Service Department team employees, subject to Finance Manager and/or General Manager approval.
- Provides leadership, mentoring and informal training to direct reports to continuously improve and enhance their skill set.
- Maintains documentation and records in accordance with District procedures and practices and ensures appropriate internal controls, policies and procedures are followed.
- Attend Board Meetings as needed to provide Department status reports.
- In the event of an emergency may act as a member of the Incident Command System.
- May perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Minimum Experience/Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or closely related field is required. Candidates must have at least 6 years progressively responsible experience in customer service and billing, and 3 years supervisory experience. A valid Washington Driver’s license is required. Completed Level 1 Certified Customer Service Manager Course from the Customer Service Institute of America (CSIA) or obtain within 1 year of employment. Any satisfactory equivalent combination of experience, education and training may be considered.
Benefits: The District offers a full benefits package to include paid time off (vacation, sick and holidays), full family health insurance paid 100% by the District, State of Washington PERS retirement program, Disability, Life, EAP, HRA VEBA, and tuition assistance.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit online @www.covingtonwater.com a completed District Application/Resume with cover letter. This position is open until filled. We will notify applicants invited to participate in the interview process by phone or email. The first review will be Monday October 18th.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer