Washington Water Service Group invites you to pursue a career in the water industry with the third largest publicly traded water utility in the United States. Our mission is to be the leading provider of water and wastewater services. We’re committed to improving the quality of life for our customers, communities, stockholders, and employees. To achieve that, we align our hiring strategies with the company’s core values of integrity, service, value, health and safety, respect and collaboration, and corporate citizenship so that we can provide quality, service, and value to all of these groups.
Our commitment to our employees is evident, as we have been named a Top Workplace in the Bay Area for nine years in a row and designated as a Great Place to Work®, and Cal Water was ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Water Utilities in the West” by J.D. Power in its inaugural water utility satisfaction study.
Washington Water Service has an immediate opening for Construction Laborer. This position will be responsible for repairing water mains, performing general cleanup of grounds and facilities, assisting with general maintenance, and other job duties as required. The position is located in Gig Harbor, WA.
Apply Here: Workday-JOBS
- Installs underground water main line
- Excavates work area using hand tools
- Installs water services and meters
- Cleans and organizes construction vehicles and heavy equipment
- Flushes services and water mains
- Performs accuracy test on assigned department equipment
- Performs relief work under various classifications
- Operates system valves as required
- Notifies customers for shut-downs
- Completes necessary paperwork
- Maintains monthly vehicle reports on construction equipment
- Assists above and below ground construction as required
- Participates in and supports the Company’s Continuous Improvement program and projects
- Performs other similar duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Construction or plumbing experience equivalent to a laborer or apprentice desired
- Water Utility experience desired
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- First Aid Card (required within one year of employment)
- Able to work after hours for emergency repairs
- Familiar with hand tools for digging and wrenches for assembling pipe fittings
- Ability to drive and back up large trucks and trailers
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Able to lift heavy and awkward rocks, broken asphalt
- Able to work in harsh weather conditions
Deadline to submit resume is Monday, May 17,2021.
Apply Here: Workday-JOBS
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.