Lakehaven Water and Sewer District has an immediate opening:
As a Lakehaven Construction Inspector, you will be part of a team that has been recognized by the National Association of Clean Water Agencies for its environmental stewardship and has been a long-standing member of the American Water Works Association. Lakehaven has a service area population of over 135,000 people living across a 35 square mile area in south King County, makings us the second largest special-purpose water and sewer district in the state. Our water system includes 450 miles of water mains, 25 active wells and 12 storage tanks, which allows us to meet a current annual average water demand of 10 million gallons per day (MGD) from the community. Lakehaven also has two wastewater treatment plants, 27 sewer lift stations, and 350 miles of sewer mains capable of collecting and treating up to 15.6 MGD. Our employees work hard to produce and treat high quality drinking water and to ensure treated wastewater adheres to EPA standards which safeguards the local ecological system of Puget Sound. If you want to work for an award-winning, innovative utility with competitive pay rates, career advancement and training opportunities, this is the right opportunity for you.
As a Construction Inspector, you will be responsible for observing the construction and installation of water and wastewater facilities for conformance with District approved project plans, District design and construction standards, right-of-way agency requirements, and governmental regulations and/or guidelines. You will also be performing and/or assisting in performing technical work locating and marking underground water & sewer utilities using maps, record drawings, GIS software, and electronic equipment.
The successful candidate should have some combination of the following:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D Certification. (Technical education in a related field not essential, but is beneficial.)
- Some related experience performing inspections and construction experience with the installation of water, sewer and storm facilities, preferably within a water and/or sewer utility.
- Some related experience performing locating work.
- General computer experience in using Microsoft office software.
- Basic knowledge of drafting techniques and construction plan reading.
- Ability to obtain a Water Distribution Manager (WDM) I certification within one-year of hire.
- General traffic control experience is preferred.
- Ability to acquire and maintain any required certifications or training applicable to the District (i.e. First Aid Training/CPR, Certified Flagging Safety, etc.).
- State of Washington Department of Retirement Systems PERS Plans
- State of Washington Health Care Authority’s Medical, Dental, Vision benefit programs
- Central Pension Fund Retirement Plan
- HRA VEBA
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Does this sound like the job for you? Visit our website at www.lakehaven.org for the position description and application.
Lakehaven Water and Sewer District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit a completed Cover Letter, Resume, and District Application, no later than 7/19/21 (first review date) to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or by mail to Lakehaven Water and Sewer District, c/o HR, 31627 1st Avenue South, Federal Way, WA 98003. Incomplete application materials will not be accepted.
If you need an accommodation in the recruitment process or an alternate format of this announcement, please enquire directly with the Human Resources Manager.