Who are we?
3J Consulting is an established and growing civil and water resources engineering and planning firm with strong roots in the Pacific Northwest. We believe employee happiness is a result of staying true to our values – and in turn, leads us toward our mission of Growth.
Growing Our Communities | Growing Our Capabilities | Growing Our People
We are seeking an experienced Construction Inspector to join our team and continue our growth.
To learn more about 3J, visit us at www.3jconsulting.com.
In this role, you will provide on-site construction inspection and applicable documentation for a variety of projects. This includes observation of construction work activities for compliance with plans and specifications, preparation of required contract documentation, following prescribed Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) procedures, and providing assistance and support for design projects.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Inspect, observe, and document projects as constructed in accordance with contract documents
- Prepare Construction Site Observation reports
- Prepare Erosion Control Inspection reports
- Maintain accurate daily record of the work (labor, equipment, materials, and quantities)
- QC Review of construction plans
- Perform technical calculations and related work in the field or office
- Calculate quantities and produce sketches in BlueBeam, Excel, CADD, or by hand
- Communicate with the Construction Manager, Project Engineer, or other field engineering staff both orally and in written communication
- Attend weekly coordination meetings as required
- Must be able to travel from site to site, as well as sit, stand, walk, kneel, and climb for extended periods of time
- 5 or more years of prior construction inspection experience or experience in a related field
- ODOT Inspector certifications or ability to obtain within 12 months
- Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead Certification (CESCL) or ability to obtain within 3 months
- Ability to work and communicate effectively and efficiently in a team environment with peers, client representatives, contractors, and the public.
- Ability to work independently and ask appropriate questions
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and track construction issues through to completion
- Proficient with computer software required for the position, including Word, Excel, BlueBeam, & general computing skills
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering plans, specifications, and construction documents
- Knowledge of the practices used, and the equipment required, on construction projects
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record with the ability to drive a 3J vehicle
- ODOT – Certified General Construction Inspector
- ODOT – ADA Curb Ramp Inspection Certification
- Remote Pilot Certificate to operate drone for field observations
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering, Civil and Construction Engineering Technology, Land Surveying, or another related field
How to apply
To be considered, please submit a detailed resume showing all employment and volunteer activities to firstname.lastname@example.org.