CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Responsibilities –CDM Smith has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Client Service Leader to lead client engagement and business development for water and wastewater municipal infrastructure for multiple private, municipal and state agency clients in the Pacific Northwest which includes the Washington State, Oregon, Vancouver and Alaska markets. CDM Smith has been providing services in this region for many years. We have worked on some complex projects for major clients throughout this region and are looking for someone who will help continue this tradition through both the management of existing client portfolios and the development of strategies to grow business with new clients.
*** This position can also be based in Bellevue, Seattle, Portland, or Vancouver ***
As a member of this team, you will contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- Developing client engagement strategies and pursuit plans for new water, wastewater and environmental business in the Washington State, Oregon, and Alaska area
- Aligning CDM Smith’s firm-wide strategies with local business development activities.
- Being responsible of the overall financial performance of projects within a client portfolio.
- Being a highly visible advocate of CDM Smith through active participation in professional and industry organizations.
- Assembling and leading client and project teams to meet client needs and project requirements.
- Developing and managing proposal efforts and presentations.
- Implementing CDM Smith’s Sales Delivery Process and proactive use of CDM Smith’s sales tools.
- Negotiating critical issues with clients and potential teaming partners and subconsultants.
- Development of technical approaches and strategies.
- Assisting on individual projects and meeting billable hour targets.
- Meeting annual sales goals from both existing and new clients.
- Managing business development budgets and costs.
- Engaging in routine coordination with other area client service leaders and internal business units to meet business objectives.
- Following and implementing CDM Smith’s standardized business practices.
- Participating in CDM Smith’s training program to reinforce core competencies of the client service leader position and obtain requisite certifications within 6-months of onboarding.
- Adhering to CDM Smith’s Core Values.
Job Requirements –
Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree
- 15 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Skills and Abilities :
Expert knowledge of corporate governance practices, organization design principles, accounting principles, finance, supply chain management, and organization management. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to understand highly complex
Preferred Qualifications :
- Previous experience winning/managing water/wastewater projects in the Washington, Alaska, Vancouver or Oregon markets
- Excellent communication, networking and team building skills
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the link below: