Perform project management and professional engineering design work as a capital project engineer to develop and manage water capital improvement projects primarily for the construction of multi-million-dollar treatment facilities. This person shall also represent the water engineering group in various work groups, manage grants and loans, and lead consultants and engineering technicians on assigned projects.
This is a full-time, regular, exempt position. The schedule for this position is M-F, 8am to 5pm.
Position open until filled. First review date is June 7th, 2023.
To apply, click this link - Civil Engineer - Water Engineering
- Perform work as a project manager to oversee hiring and management of consultants in the design of multi-million-dollar PFAS treatment systems at Vancouver water production wellfields. Manage all aspects of the design process on treatment facilities and provide direction to consultants and internal technical staff to ensure successful delivery of assigned projects.
- Perform field work to review and check adequacy and accuracy of preliminary layouts, computations, all stages of design work, and survey data. Research and ensure compliance with applicable codes, regulatory requirements, and necessary construction permits. Host and attend project design meetings to coordinate projects internally and externally for utility work within the City and County.
- Work with internal procurement staff to prepare bid packages, requests for qualifications, and consultant contracts. Work closely with water operations and maintenance staff to coordinate design and construction of treatment facilities. Provide support to construction staff and water operations staff during construction. Complete final project close out to assure record drawings along with necessary engineering documents are properly retained. Assist with staff reports, city council meetings, and neighborhood meetings.
- Become the department expert on PFAS regulatory and treatment issues in order to support and guide management on alternatives and work plans to ensure compliance with state and federal PFAS regulations.
- Track progress on assigned projects to ensure compliance with designated time and cost schedules for project completion including site visitations, field investigations, and evaluations.
- Work with other city work groups in the areas of construction, grants/financing, permitting, GIS, and water operations to ensure projects are completed on schedule and meet all requirements.
- Respond to public or other inquires relative to engineering policies and procedures on specific projects, system problem areas, and other divisional information.
- Participate in the initial planning of projects to be proposed and make recommendations to assist managers in establishing schedules and budgets.
- Assist higher-level staff with the budgeting of division resources and development of division staff utilization plans. Make recommendations to management.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Three (3) years in the field of engineering with an emphasis on project management
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree
To see the full job description or to apply, click this link - Civil Engineer - Water Engineering