This is a supervisory, professional and administrative role in accordance with state law, federal law, and the City of Milton Municipal Code. Develop, implement and maintain processes and systems to facilitate the effective operation of the Engineering functions. Determine strategic goals based upon present and future service demands. Provide leadership and resources to meet departmental goals and objectives. Ensure the effective and efficient utilization of department personnel, funds, equipment and facilities
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field and registration as a PE in the State of Washington. Knowledge of the principles and practices of public works projects administration and laws, regulatory codes and professional standards applicable to design and construction of public works projects.
Licensing: Valid Washington state driver’s license or the ability to obtain one within 30 days from the date of hire.
- Oversee the delivery of municipal engineering services including development review, capital projects, stormwater and transportation.
- Experienced in inspiring and leading teams;
- Understands the importance of executing plans, schedules and budgets;
- Participate in and provide leadership to, City-wide long-range, strategic planning activities in coordination with the Mayor.
- Oversee and review of private development plans and specifications including short plats, subdivision, and legal descriptions.
- Provide professional engineering assistance to developers, the general public and other outside agencies regarding maintenance and repair activities.
- Respond to citizen comments and complaints relating to engineering activities and recommend resolution to projects as necessary.
- Prepare clear and concise technical reports on various engineering projects including those receiving federal, state or local financial aid.
- Update existing and establish new street construction standards, codes and regulations.
- Attend and participate in city council meetings as necessary.
- Oversee the functions of stormwater compliance with respect to NPDES permits for the city.
- Requires consistent, in-person attendance on the job site.
Those who live and work in Milton enjoy its small-town appeal and the quiet, peaceful community feel, surrounded by fields, trees, open vistas, trails and gardens. Its quiet atmosphere offers a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of neighboring Tacoma, just ten minutes away. Through strong leadership, frequent community events, quality schools, and strong relationships between citizens, business and city government, Milton has retained its picturesque charm and quality.
Open until filled. Submit cover letter, resume and city application to be considered.