Ames Lake Water Association
27905 NE 33rd St.
Redmond, WA 98053
425-222-7003; Fax 425-222-6396
Ames Lake Water Association (ALWA) is a 501(c)12, non-profit, consumer-owned, cooperative water utility originally incorporated by 87 members in April 1969 to distribute drinking and domestic water to landowners in the vicinity of Ames Lake, Washington. ALWA currently serves 1,201 customers.
JOB OPENING: Business Manager or Business Administrator
ALWA presently offers an outstanding benefits package. Benefit eligibility commences after a successful probationary period. Current benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage. 401(K) Plan with up to 7% company match and accrued paid time off (holidays, vacation, and personal leave). The Board may adjust, eliminate, or reduce benefits at any time. This is an employment at will position.
The Business Manager provides leadership and is responsible for the Association’s administrative and financial success. This position is a member of a tight-knit team, and requires maintaining cooperative working relationships with the Association’s stakeholders.
This position reports directly to and is under the guidance of the Association’s Board of Directors.
- Member Billing and Management:
- Ensuring successful processing of monthly billing (paper invoices and e-bills)
- Establishing and ensuring accounts receivable management.
- Delinquent accounts are handled per the Association’s policy
- Ensuring Member payments are received and accurately recorded.
- Processing membership transfers and requests.
- Processing water loss adjustments per the Association’s policy
- Ensuring proper account management of new members, including required communications and documentation.
- As needed maintenance and updating of the Association’s website.
- Accounting and Financial:
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Cash Flow analysis and forecasting
- Payroll Management
- Research and secure financing as needed
- Banking requirements and activities, including reconciliations
- Annual audit preparation and completion
- Maintain fixed asset schedule
- Annual budgets:
- Forecast and create annual fiscal year budget.
- Maintain budget throughout the year, comparing to actual performance.
- Report the budget vs actual at monthly Board meetings
- Reporting to Regulatory Agencies:
- Department of Revenue
- Department of Health (in coordination with Water System Manager)
- Membership (annual mailers, President’s letter, cross-connection notices, etc.)
- Independent Auditors
- Other regulatory agencies
- Human Resource:
- Ensure Association Policies and procedures are followed
- Model and expect excellent customer service
- Supervise office employee(s)
- Develop and maintain office procedures, including records retention according to Washington State RCW
- Report to Board of Directors:
- Preparing monthly meeting agendas
- Preparing monthly Board reports
- Provide meeting notifications to Members if applies
- Distribute materials for the meeting
- Other special meetings/events as directed by the Board of Directors
- Prepare monthly payables for Board of Directors to review and sign
- Knowledge of the principles of accounting
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and budgeting for a small business
- Good goal-setting, strategic planning and motivational skills
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and QuickBooks
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, presentation and interpersonal cooperation
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Great analytical, critical thinking and problem solving abilities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Education: High school diploma and/or college course work in business, accounting or communication. Experience may be substituted for education.
Experience and Knowledge: Minimum five years of related experience desired. Proficiency with office computer operation including word processing, spreadsheets, accounting and utility billing software. Bookkeeping experience/ knowledge of the principles of accounting and/or training required.
Skills and Abilities: Able to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing. Enthusiastic, persistent and well-organized. Accurate with details and numbers. Able to establish and accomplish work priorities and to meet established deadlines. Multi-phone line capability and excellent telephone skills a must. Must be a US citizen or possess a valid resident/work permit. Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license and pass a Washington State Criminal History check.
SALARY / BENEFITS:
- $60,000+ salary DOE
HOW TO APPLY: Send CV/Resume and cover letter via USPS at: Attn: Jeff Villnow – Board Secretary, Ames Lake Water Association, 27905 NE 33rd ST, Redmond WA 98053 or email to: email@example.com