Pay Range: $42.83 - $57.82 DOE FLSA Status: Exempt
General Summary: Conducts financial and business analysis to support business decisions regarding strategic planning, asset management and computerized maintenance management systems, benchmarking, process mapping, budgets, long range financial forecasting, rate setting and other initiatives. Supports management with internal and external communication functions associated with the District’s Mission.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to the General Manager. May take the lead on various projects or initiatives involving other District management members, staff, or Departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers, analyzes, interprets, forecasts and maintains high level financial, business and operational data for the
- Conducts studies and performs complex analysis to ensure financial health, including financial statement analysis, funding and investment strategies, cost/benefit analysis, cost recovery debt issuance, structuring and
- Conducts studies and performs complex analysis to ensure business health, including utilization of data from business metrics and statistics, interface with asset management or computerized maintenance management systems, process mapping and industry best practices to maximize
- Analyzes business, operating, or other programs and procedures to devise most efficient methods of accomplishing work, plans study of work problems or
- Organizes and documents findings and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, programs, or organizational
- Responsible for risk management analysis, AWWA J100 resiliency studies and updates and developing mitigation
- Individually or as a member of a team drafts, reviews and maintains policies and practices related to high level financial, operational, and business systems and makes recommendations for
- Identify and implement cost effective efficiency, and/or quality enhancing improvements to systems, business practices and service
- Oversee and evaluate effectiveness of current department and wide programs, projects, and
- Research, coordinates, and assists in grant or loan applications and
- Creates ad hoc reports, identifies trends, and resolves
- Conducts special studies and may act as Project
- Coordinates participation and purchase of supplies that support external community events such as school events, Covington or Maple Valley Days and the Emergency Management
- May participate in various internal and/or external committees as needed or
- Other duties as needed or as assigned.
Duties are performed in an office environment with occasional travel to meetings and to District project sites. A hybrid work schedule for this position will be considered. Work generally involves a high degree of concentration, especially in the consideration of technical and personnel problems and the origination of programs to increase Departmental efficiency and improved services.
Minimum Experience/Education: Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required skill set would be a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in risk management, business operations, auditing, budgeting, and financial analysis. Lean Six Sigma Designation and knowledge of utility operations, auditing, and budgeting highly desirable.
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) preferred
Benefits: The District offers a full benefits package to include paid time off (vacation, sick and holidays), full family health insurance paid 100% by the District, State of Washington PERS retirement program, Disability, Life, EAP, HRA VEBA, and tuition assistance. Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit online @www.covingtonwater.com a completed District Application with cover letter and resume. We will notify applicants invited to participate in the interview process by phone or email. This position is open until filled.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.