PUD #1 is seeking a GIS Asset Analyst. This position reports to the Asset Management Supervisor, and will be responsible for day-to- day support of the GIS system and the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
This position will coordinate the GIS portion of our Asset Management program, which will include: Support and configuration of ESRI Enterprise GIS software; creating, configuring and administering web-based GIS maps, applications and REST services; design, build and administer Enterprise databases, develop and support QA/QC on new and existing GIS data; perform spatial analysis, geoprocessing, and data conversion tasks; and be primary backup for the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
In addition, tasks will include administrative support and configuration of Cityworks AMS software; analyzing and interpreting asset data and preparing reports on that data; draft and update system record maps; and participating in the development and upgrading of Skagit PUD GIS standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Geography or a related field preferred; HS diploma/ GED required.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a utility environment.
- GIS certifications GISP and/or ASPRS are a
- Knowledge and proficiency in using ESRI Enterprise GIS software.
- Basic knowledge of asset management and maintenance practices.
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and construction methods as applicable to a large, complex water utility. Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Experience in Python and SQL scripting to support automation and integration processes
- Able to use reporting and programming software tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other departments, employees, and outside entities. Must be able to form effective and respectful working relationships.
- Prompt and regular attendance is
- Must demonstrate excellent judgment and show a commitment to ethical conduct.
- Must pass a background
- Valid WA State driver’s license
Compensation: The full salary range for the Asset Analyst - GIS is $38.21—$55.02 per hour. The hiring hourly pay range will be $38.21 - $42.00 DOE and qualifications.
Benefits Package: The District offers a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision (no cost to employee/dependents), life and disability coverage, PERS pension, deferred compensation options, generous paid time off, holidays, and more. Benefits are equivalent to over 60% in additional compensation.
Go to www.skagitpud.org to apply online.
(only online applications will be accepted)
Application review will begin on Tuesday, January 3rd, and the position will remain open until filled.
Online application packet must include:
- Completed (full) online application
- Cover letter
- Updated resume
- Three professional references, including name, title and contact information
Applications without all of the required information will not be considered.
The successful candidate must provide documentation of lawful authorization to work in the U.S.