Application Specialist - PW
Opening Date: August 4, 2022
Salary Range: $ 27.941 - 35.660/hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
NATURE OF POSITION
This position has a primary and secondary area of focus:
- (Primary) Administer and provide implementation and ongoing operational support and maintenance for various software applications used in the Public Works Department including, but not limited to, Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI); databases (SwiftComply, etc.); sewer collections system TVing and rating (GraniteNet); and sewer system Infiltration and Inflow monitoring. Inform appropriate staff on daily AMI leak detection, system maintenance and customer service. Build models using system data to forecast resource and workload needs; report on trends and operational
- (Secondary) Assist Asset Management Supervisor with coordination and implementation of the asset management program and related projects. Help to coordinate data collection, analysis, and business processes. Provide technical assistance to team members and other department staff regarding policies, procedures and methods related to asset management, and assist with citywide asset management as required.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A combination of education and experience equivalent to: Associates Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other related field and two (2) years related experience in implementing cloud-based applications, with experience in data analysis, hardware & software troubleshooting, and reporting. Valid State driver’s license and proof of good driving record.
Bilingual in Spanish. Knowledge of programs/databases including Sensus Analytics, SwiftComply, Inframap, AutoCAD, asset management, customer information systems, Munis (ERP/utility billing), and Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Knowledge of Radio Frequencies (RF) and FCC regulations.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
A completed City application and resume are required to apply. Applications are available on the Human Resources page of the City of Walla Walla website: https://wallawallawa.gov.
Applicants whose experience most closely meets the requirements of the position will be invited to continue in the selection process which will consist of an oral panel interview, reference inquiries and may include a criminal background check. Completed application packages can be mailed to:
CITY OF WALLA WALLA-HR
15 N. Third Avenue
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Email to email@example.com or faxed to (509) 524-7935.
The City of Walla Walla will provide reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants if requested. Please notify the Human Resources office at least 5 days prior to the need.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS To obtain a copy of the full job description and class specification for this position, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.527.4475.
NOTE: The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision contained herein may be modified and/or revoked without notice.
THE CITY OF WALLA WALLA COMPLIES WITH TITLE VI, ADA, AND OTHER APPLICABLE FEDERAL CIVIL RIGHTS LAWS AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, RELIGION, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, OR SEX IN EMPLOYMENT OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / MINORITIES AND WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
General direction and oversight are provided by the Asset Management Supervisor. The nature of this position is to administer, assist and or inform other users with various public works specific software applications and as such, this position may be assigned to work under the supervision of other professional staff when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employees of the City of Walla Walla are expected to model and foster the City’s core values: Service - Integrity - Collaboration - Equity - Leadership – Community
- Administer, implement, operate, configure, monitor, analyze data, prepare reports, troubleshoot (hardware and software), and provide training and support for assigned software applications used in the Public Works Department including, but not limited to Advanced Metering Infrastructure, asset management, wastewater collections, and database support, etc. Maintain standard operating procedures and training manuals for assigned applications.
- Track, monitor, diagnose and report on pressure management within the water system.
- Implement, monitor, and analyze reports for the irrigation conservation program and for high consumer commercial/industrial customers; report identified high or low water consumption for further
- Enforce data quality standards and perform quality control
- Maintain strict confidentiality in management of computerized maintenance systems, client‐user databases, and financial
- Develop, implement, evaluate, or lead projects and initiatives as
- Work with vendor support to problem solve application issues. Report bugs and systemic issues on behalf of users. Act as lead for deployment related issues and collaborate with various internal resources and managers.
- Work as a liaison between Public Works, Technology Services, and Utility Billing (Finance) Departments relative to Public Works software applications and data retrieval, use, and management.
- Maintain professional networks and attend training sessions and conferences as necessary to advance skills and keep abreast of issues and practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Assist with data requests and reporting.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrate punctual, regular, and reliable attendance, which is essential for successful job performance.
- Present a positive, professional image; maintain cooperative and effective working relationships; assure excellent customer service with internal and external customers.
- Execute assignments, projects and job responsibilities efficiently and within defined timeframes; work independently and effectively with little direction.
- Demonstrate good judgment and employ critical thinking to execute duties, identify issues, seek solutions, and recommend improvements in support of departmental goals.
- Provide assistance to staff and higher-level management; participate in resolving operational or interpersonal concerns; participate in training, meetings, and on committees as assigned.
- Respect the value of diversity in the workplace and the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Principles and practices of project management and contract administration.
- City/State regulations, specifications, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the implementation and management of various Computerized Software Programs supporting Public Works functions.
- Records maintenance, report writing and plan interpretation techniques.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 suite of
- Principles and techniques of data analysis, GIS, and database
- Understand database best practices to ensure database integrity.
- Knowledge of programs/databases including Sensus Analytics, Cartegraph OMS, SwiftComply, Inframap, AutoCAD, Munis (enterprise resource program/utility billing application), and ESRI Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Windows-based computers using Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point), Sensus Analytics, Cartegraph OMS, SwiftComply, Munis, GraniteNet, Inframap, ESRI, AutoDesk.
Sitting and standing for extended periods of time; walking over rough or uneven surfaces; climbing ladders; seeing, hearing, and speaking to exchange information; intermittently kneel down, stoop, bend at the waist and lift up to 20 pounds; balance in high or narrow places; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer.
Indoor and outdoor work environment; driving a vehicle to conduct work; subject to seasonal heat and cold or adverse weather conditions.