Administrative Assistant - WA
Washington Water Service
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Operations Manager and provides support to the Northwest and East Pierce, Construction, Accounting and Customer Service Departments, performing all administrative and clerical functions. The position is located in Puyallup, WA.
- Provides administrative support to the management team, as well as performing all administrative support for the staff of the Operations, Construction, and Customer Service Departments.
- Composes, creates, and edits correspondence and reports.
- Assists with acquisitions, management contracts, and other growth-related business.
- Tracks and reports progress on conservation goals for Municipal Water Law requirements.
- Maintains, updates, and organizes filing systems and various calendars; makes travel arrangements; operates all office equipment.
- Updates water system; creates spreadsheets.
- Sets up, organizes, and communicates information to departments when systems are contracted.
- Assists in planning meetings.
- Completes various recurring letter filings.
- Fills in for and assists other Administrative Assistants.
- Facilitates Water Availability requests, and manages correspondence with customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Five years of clerical and administrative experience, including word processing, spreadsheet development, documenting management issues, data collection, and report processing.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher skills.
- Proficient 10-key and data-entry skills.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles of English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation; knowledge of modern office practices and procedures,
- Knowledge of basic principles, procedures, and techniques of business letter-writing, record- keeping, and basic report preparation.
- Knowledge of water industry.
- Ability to read maps and legal descriptions.
- Ability to work under pressure; be available to arrive early and stay late, as necessary, occasional weekend work.
- Ability to perform responsible and complex secretarial and administrative work involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
- Ability to use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specification and/or verbal instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidential data and information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those encountered in the course of doing business.
- Ability to operate a variety of modern office equipment, including a word processor and/or computer terminal.
- Ability to compose and edit letters, memos, and reports.
- Ability to learn new software programs and perform internet research.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to take initiative to address issues and resolve problems.
- Ability to be well-organized and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to perform excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Good interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, and ability to deal with customers in a pleasant manner.
- Commitment to the Continuous Improvement process.
Salary Range: $43,200 - $77,600
Deadline to submit resume is Thursday, June 1, 2023.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4200594
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.