Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent, FLSA Non-Exempt (Overtime Eligible)
Location: Thurston PUD Headquarters – Lacey, WA
Closing: Open Until Filled
Pay Range: $3,992 - $5,100 per month ($23.03 - $29.42 per hour) DOQ
A new pay range will be effective January 1, 2024!
About the Job
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform the water utility’s accounts payable duties. The position also performs a variety of financial and accounting related duties under the general supervision of the Finance and Customer Service Manager. This position is responsible for compiling and maintaining accounting, budgetary, and other fiscal records and data, such as accounts receivable, payroll, verification and posting of deposits, and reconciliation of accounts and cash receipts in accordance with set guidelines. In addition, the Accounting Assistant classifies and codes entries and transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures and assists in the preparation of reports and spreadsheets as required.
For a list of essential duties, qualifications, and more information on this position, please visit our website at www.thurstonpud.org.
- High school diploma or GED or ability to acquire one.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to the PUD’s insurance carrier.
- Education or experience equivalent to a course work at an associate degree level in accounting or closely related field preferred, including courses or experience in governmental accounting.
- 1-2 years of increasingly responsible finance, purchasing, or accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Prevailing Wage procedures and Davis Bacon Laws preferred.
To apply, submit a letter of interest and resume to HR@thurstonpud.org.
The most qualified applicants will be asked to complete an application and additional testing will be required. Applications can be found online at www.thurstonpud.org.
Fax: (360) 357-1172
Mail: Thurston PUD, Attn: Human Resources, 1230 Ruddell Rd SE, Lacey, WA 98503
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact our Human Resources Team at HR@thurstonpud.org or call us at (360) 357-8783.
During the recruitment process, background checks (e.g., criminal history records, employment reference checks, driving record checks, etc.) will be conducted on the top candidates. The PUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains policies for a drug-free and smoke-free work environment.
About Thurston PUD
Established in 1938, Thurston PUD is a special-purpose municipal agency located in Lacey, WA. The PUD currently owns and operates 279 water systems, serving a population of approximately 25,000 people, including families, businesses, schools, and parks. Thurston PUD provides water planning and utility services to the citizens of Thurston County and operates water systems in Pierce, Lewis, King, Grays Harbor, and Kitsap counties. The PUD is governed by three Commissioners who are elected by the voters of Thurston County to serve for six years.
The PUD offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Group healthcare coverage (medical, dental, vision) with low employee premiums,
- Group term life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and accidental death and dismemberment coverage at no cost to PUD employees,
- Participation in the State of Washington retirement plan,
- Voluntary participation in the State of Washington Deferred Compensation Program,
- Ten paid holidays and two personal holidays each year, in addition to sick and vacation leave benefits,
- PUD-paid training and certifications, and
- Clothing allowance for administrative staff. For Field Operations staff, the PUD provides safety clothing, work boots, and other equipment