This position is open until filled.
Seasonal Information: This is a seasonal (temporary) position that is expected to last approximately 3 months from date of hire. 1 position is available with no opportunity for regular employment. See "benefits" tab for benefit information.
Schedule: This position will work Monday through Friday up to 40 hours per week. weekend and night-work is not required.
Summary: Under the direction of the Water/Sewer Manager, this is a temporary position that works with the City's Public Works Maintenance crew during the heavy workload period performing a variety of functions as assigned.
- Trimming foliage from water meters.
- Replacing water meters and boxes.
- Cleaning and painting fire hydrants.
- Assisting water/sewer crews as needed.
- Other job duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Candidates must have the skills, knowledge and abilities to:
- Use hand tools such as shovels, wrenches, and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Regularly work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work as a member of a team, take direction and work independently.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Previous Experience desirable but not required.
Required Licenses and other Criteria
- Must have a valid Driver's License upon hire. A Washington State Driver's License is required within 30 days of hire.
- Applicants must be able to provide a driver's abstract for any locations that a license has been held within the last 5 -year period.
- Must be able to complete and pass a background check.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Must be able to perform hard physical labor including:
- Bending, squatting and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (100 lbs.).
- Must be able to carry, push and pull.
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
- Must have dexterity of hands and fingers to operate tools and equipment.
- Must be able to see and hear to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires reaching overhead and above shoulders.
- Requires the ability to shovel, dig, or other hard labor.
- For additional ADA information, please contact the HR Department.
- Working in and around moving traffic and machinery with moving parts.
- Working at heights, working on a high ladder.
- Working alone and working in remote locations.
- Working in a noisy work area, working in direct sunlight, working in outside temperature extremes and working in dampness.
- Exposure to smoke, noxious odors, fumes, and chemicals, epoxy chemicals, poison oak or ivy, dust or pollen, insect stings, solvents, oil, and ink.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: A completed online application is required to be considered for this position. An incomplete application packet will disqualify you.