California Water Service Group invites you to pursue a career in the water industry with the third largest publicly traded water utility in the United States. Our mission is to be the leading provider of water and wastewater services. We’re committed to improving the quality of life for our customers, communities, stockholders, and employees. To achieve that, we align our hiring strategies with the company’s core values of integrity, service, value, health and safety, respect and collaboration, and corporate citizenship so that we can provide quality, service, and value to all of these groups.
Our commitment to our employees is evident, as we have been named a Top Workplace in the Bay Area for nine years in a row and designated as a Great Place to Work®, and Cal Water was ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Water Utilities in the West” by J.D. Power in its inaugural water utility satisfaction study.
The Water-Wastewater Treatment Operator works with minimal supervision to perform field operations, operate and monitor the water plant and/or sewer plant, and related infrastructure. Responsible for treatment plant and distribution repairs and maintenance as directed, and handles customer service requirements. This position is located in Orcas Island, WA.
- Under supervision, operate a level III water treatment plant
- Under supervision, operate a level 1 wastewater treatment plant
- Read Meters
- Repair mains and services
- Raise, lower or abandon services, and mains
- Change flat rate services as required
- Turn services off and on
- Set and remove meters
- Raise or lower valve casings
- Locate Company facilities as required
- Prepare necessary records and reports
- Shut down mains for construction crews
- Performs the loading, testing, chlorination, and sampling of mains
- Record the measurements of fittings as installed by contractor (as built)
- Inspect subdivision installations
- Pull water quality samples as required and deliver to laboratory
- Complete necessary paperwork
- Investigate water quality complaints
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Construction or plumbing experience equivalent to a laborer or apprentice
- Washington Water Distribution Specialist I certification desired
- Washington State Water Treatment Plant Operator II certification
- Washington Cross Connection Specialist certification desired
- First Aid Card desired
- Must be available for call outs, evenings, holidays & weekends
- Must live on Orcas Island
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
Salary Range: $50,400 - $90,800
Deadline to submit resume is Friday, December 4, 2020.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.