WSC is seeking candidates for a Project Manager position to lead multi-disciplinary teams in the successful delivery of a diverse range of water, wastewater, recycled water and storm water projects. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the continued growth of WSC’s growing Portland, Oregon office by managing client relationships, leading project teams and mentoring junior staff.
The ideal candidate must have proven experience successfully delivering projects and a desire to work collaboratively in a team environment to identify innovative, value-added solutions for WSC’s clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and ongoing management of project scope, schedule and budget to ensure effective and efficient project delivery.
- Leadership of multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of a wide range of water, wastewater, recycled water and storm water projects.
- Development and implementation of project QA/QC plans
- Preparation of high quality written work products including technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications and contract documents.
- Leadership of project pursuits including proposal development and interview preparation.
- Client service management to develop new client relationships, strengthen existing client relationships and identify future business opportunities.
- Project workshop leadership, facilitation of alternatives analysis evaluation and decision making.
- Active in professional organizations to stay abreast of current and emerging industry trends.
- Mentorship of entry-level professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related engineering field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- E. registration in California, Oregon or Washington.
- Proficient with MS Office and MS Project.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in planning, design and construction of water, wastewater and/or recycled water facilities.
WSC was founded with the philosophy that people come first and all water matters. This founding vision would not be possible without hiring the right professionals with the right values. That is why we invest in our people and contribute to the cost of higher education and degrees for our professionals. In 2016, we became an employee-owned firm, allowing company profits to be shared with staff. In addition to the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, we have a generous 401K savings plan that includes company contributions. Our values are clear and based on integrity, honesty and exceptional work.
Our clients consist of public utilities, special districts, counties, investor-owned utilities, water districts, and energy providers throughout California and the Pacific Northwest. WSC is a next generation consulting firm that works collaboratively with our clients, providing insight and redefining possibilities through a high standard for hands-on service, innovation, quality, and visionary leadership.